Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PMMI Musical Horn manual
09-12-2014, 18:16
PMMI Musical Horn manual
Does anyone have a manual/schematic for the PMMI Musical Horn in a 1990 BB? Trying to trace down the wiring.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 20:04
RE: PMMI Musical Horn manual
I believe the box and blue colored ribbon wiring is up in front of copilot lower dash area. Hard to see.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
09-12-2014, 22:47
Thanks, Ernie. That is where I found it. You are right about the hard to get to!

THANKS.
09-12-2014, 23:18
What is the problem with yours?

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
09-13-2014, 07:44
It was not working. Leroy said he was sure it was the computer brain, as he had checked everything else. Since I was not getting any display on the dash, I wanted to check the leads.

I bought the new old stock brain on line, installed it, and Leroy was right, it was the brain. It now works. Now, I need to go to a campground with a lot of people, and go thru the songs one by one to identify them! LOL

The brain in my 90 had a little tag inside the box that said "BB 2-90". The new one has a tag that says "PM 5-94". So, it is a newer box. The old box also had a longer connection for the ribbon cable, with a "plug" in the excess connections. The new one the cable fits just right, without the plug. The new box might be one for the newer "Ultimate" horn? But, it works!

PMMI will reprogram the brain with different songs, for a price of course.
09-13-2014, 13:00 (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 13:07 by GregOConnor.)
here is a list to start with
http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com/database...20List.pdf
my Musical horn has an issue where it wont turn on and if you leave it switched on, it will blink on then off. seems like a broken wire some place. I have a new exterior sound system with 8 of 800 watt powered speakers 2 1000 watt powered and 3 subs. even with all that people still ask to hear the musical horn. We tailgate at the Rose bowl and get good use out of the college fight songs

here is a scan of a list posted on the site WanderlodgeOwnersGroup.com by an approved poster - Jim D http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...1371558040

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
03-08-2024, 21:47
I know this was 20 years ago. Anyone find a schematic? I got two brain boxes on my bench now. All I can do is test and replace components. I have an LX and tested the new style box. That is the problem. I like to buy an old and new style controller and test them. The old style box I feel is good. I can't find anything wrong component wise. Good news is I sourced all the components.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)