Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMCA Michelin Advantage Program
09-13-2014, 11:25
FMCA Michelin Advantage Program
FMCA Michelin advantage Program

Looks like they've expanded the program to include tires from Uniroyal and BF Goodrich. The program now includes tires for light trucks and passenger vehicles.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2014, 13:25
RE: FMCA Michelin Advantage Program
I know tires are a big debate but I am sold on replacing the steer tires every 2 to 3 years and moving the front take off set to one side of the drives that has the oldest set then ;moving the oldest set of drives to the tag ; rotate the tag out of commission at 8 years old. The one commercial driver practice rv'ers fail to use is rocking the tires to rest. Lline up to the resting spot and rock back and forth in a straight line, aprox 25 feet several times to rest. this lines up the sidewalls with the treads and the suspension also relaxes in true line.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
09-13-2014, 14:30
The practice of rocking the tires isn't for settling the tires. It's because the trucker couldn't back the trailer straight! Big Grin Seriously though, in all the truckstops I've run through over the years; I've never seen one settle the tires. Nobody at the environmental waste hauler I worked for did either.

It's probably a good practice, though.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-13-2014, 15:54
Greg,

I'm certainly not trying to bust your chops with your post. I realized after I'd posted it, it could certainly be taken that way. I apologize if it came across that way. Just posting my experiences.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-13-2014, 22:23
(09-13-2014 15:54)Arcticdude Wrote:  Greg, I'm certainly not trying to bust your chops with your post. I realized after I'd posted it, it could certainly be taken that way. I apologize if it came across that way. Just posting my experiences.

No offense taken. Forums promote rebuttal and everyone benefits from a honest statement.
Usually see rocking at truck stops when the drivers are setting up for the night. may happen more with owner operators . bobtail trucks (2 axle) dont have much to worry about other than the front tires being turned stationary. There is a bunch of torque on the tires when you turn tight. I have cracked rims on my trailer by making turns in residential streets while loaded down. that is the advantage of steel painted rims, you can see the cracks when the metal rusts. The aluminum rims hide cracks.
Getting back to tires, cheaper steer tires @3 years old are better than expensive Michelins at 4, 5,6,7,8 years old

I am a bit concerned about tires and suspension now that I am in the market for a lxi.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
02-15-2016, 22:08
Just purchased a 1999 Wanderlodge Lxi and need two front tires. How do I access the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program to get pricing and purchase? Thanks for any help, Ron Keelen
02-15-2016, 22:37
Ron
First you need to be an FMCA member. Then go to FMCA.com, sign in with your member ID and follow the link for 'Michelin Advantage Program' for the full instructions. Pretty painless process. Dealer will not know what price you are paying. They just fill the order and get them mounted. Bill is from Michelin with credit card you will put on record with them when you register.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
02-17-2016, 12:56
Mike

I found it even easier , no need to be a FMCA member . Just let them know you have a BB . Well at least that is all I have done the past 3 orders .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
[+] 1 user Likes al perna's post
02-17-2016, 15:09 (This post was last modified: 02-23-2016 23:35 by dentmac.)
Once you are a member, you stay as one. You are given a number..regardless of membership to a group.
You need to phone Michelin directly and order the tires to be shipped to an authorized dealer. You give Michelin your CC number and they bill it directly. You will pay the dealer for installation, balance etc.
Here is a new link that may help.
http://www.michelintruck.com/news-and-ev...e-program/

I am ordering 2 315's Cost is ~ $ 600 plus 52 FET (Plus install)
Funny as 365's are ~ 656 plus ~32 FET
Prices are CONFIRMED
Ross

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)