Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpongeBob's Power Management System
10-11-2014, 01:02 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 10:34 by travelite.)
RE: SpongeBob's Power Management System
Hey Al,

When are you and Erika gonna stop by for my specialty flank steak and salad, or scallops and salsa, or my world-class swordfish??? Big Grin You know I'm always looking for an excuse to crack open my favorite vintage of chateau neuf du black box! Say Ernie! Ha! Smile

Folks may wonder what all this power management is about. Well, Vantare is unique among the converters in that all the power goes thru the inverters. Whether it's shore, genny or battery, the inverters see and source everything. The only transfer switches in the system are the transfer switches in the dual Trace SW4024 pure sine wave inverters. The generator can source 60A per leg, the shore 50A per leg, and the batteries 35A per leg, so load management is crucial as the power source capability changes. Imagine parked at four-corners on a cool day of 110 deg F with Fido on board. If you're away and you happen to lose shore power you want to be sure that the four cruiesairs you left running won't trip the inverter circuit breakers. Vantare made sure this won't happen by using its automatic power management system to prune off two cruiseairs allowing the remaining two to run off inverter and battery power. The idea is to not allow loads to overcome the available energy source. Being a geek, I think this is way cool! Cool

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SpongeBob's Power Management System - davidbrady - 10-11-2014 01:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)