Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE
10-21-2014, 11:48 (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 13:03 by travelite.)
RE: LXI SUSPENSION ISSUE
Here's some drawings of the steerable tag, notice how the tag air spring is mounted squarely above the tag axle:

WanderlodgeGurus->Document Library->Models->LXi->Suspension->Steerable Tag Drawing.pdf

WanderlodgeGurus->Document Library->Models->LXi->Suspension->Steerable Tag Drawing 2.pdf

WanderlodgeGurus->Document Library->Models->LXi->Suspension->Steerable Tag Drawing 3.pdf

There's some pics over on this thread.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2014, 09:03
David,

PDF 2 seems to show the alignment of the pan rod best, thank you . so , how would you measure and from where the distance to be sure it is aligned correctly ?

If as said it can only be set one way , why would the body s weight shift to the point where the body moves 2" or so either way depending on the turn ?

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-22-2014, 09:12
You guys are getting in way, way too deep. Start simple. Did you make absolutely sure the RHCV rods are not slipping at the set screw? This has happened before. The results would be what you have.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
10-22-2014, 11:43
Al,

I couldn't agree more with Ron; we've been saying it over and over again: check your HCV's. The behavior wreaks of HCV attachment rods slipping. Prove to us that they're not. Take a couple small wire ties. Fasten them snuggly around the rod on either side of the set screw attachment at the suspension. Go for a drive and reproduce the leaning. Take a peek under and see if the wire ties are displaced.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-22-2014, 17:52
David,

I am going to change the rods out with a newer truck type . I spoke to Jim D who said they had trouble with te old style and have upgraded to a flat bar type.

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)