Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94PT AT switch, Anti Theft removal
11-20-2014, 02:03 (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 02:33 by GregOConnor.)
94PT AT switch, Anti Theft removal
To say the AT is 'on' is confusing because when protection is desired, the power is shut down. It takes a constant feed of 12 volt to keep the switch to the drive mode. so it my help to refer to the states as protection and enable.
The Anti Theft dash switch on the 94PT when in protect is Down/Right this cuts 12 volt power to many appliances and the coach ignition. It does not cut key switch accessory power and I guess that is to maintain the drivability if AT is turned to protect while the coach is running. (you can turn the key on and bump the starter to get going when the AT is in protect, but you cant flush the toilet. ask me how I know this)
My AT switch has not been used in 19 years to protect the bus. The only times it was switched to protect position was in error while cleaning the dash. The dash switch is labeled AT and under the steer wheel that switch is connected to a Bosh relay under the front hood. the relay throws another relay in the same area and also a large 3 lb constant solenoid in the bay under the driver forward wall. easy to find because it will be too hot to hold your hand on.
My AT Solenoid burnt up and I decided to wire thru and not replace the Solenoid. there are one 120 amp fuse and another 120 amp resettable fuse in the vicinity of the AT Solenoid so I decided to clean up the wires and replace both fuses with BlueSea circuit breakers. Here are some images of the damage and resulting repair.
İmage İmage
The repair

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2014, 14:57
RE: 94PT AT switch, Anti Theft removal
Was there a triggering event that caused the AT solenoid to burn? The repair looks great!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
11-20-2014, 15:55 (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 15:56 by Deb N Randy.)
Smile RE: 94PT AT switch, Anti Theft removal
I like it, bypass it if it goes bad. Confused The fool who tries to steal my bus with the AT switch engaged is in for a world of whoop-ass coming.. I tell you. WinkBig Grin
As you, I've only turned mine 'On' by accident so far, it didn't take the toilet to figure it out butt good to know if'n.

Turner's on Tour
'97 Wanderlodge 43'
Full-timers originally from Wilmington, NC

11-24-2014, 02:33 (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 02:42 by GregOConnor.)
RE: 94PT AT switch, Anti Theft removal
(11-20-2014 14:57)Arcticdude Wrote:  Was there a triggering event that caused the AT solenoid to burn? The repair looks great!

I believe it was the 130 amp resettable fuse below the solenoid that grounded out against the door frame. then burnt the insulation on the 7 inch length of 0 ag wire attached to the solenoid and that fuse. you can see the wire is clean in the prior posted image. here is an image of where I believe it grounded out. I am not sure if the image will post true-orientation but if you open it with a click
right click on the opened image
then in the drop down chose 'view image' it will rotate true and you can zoom in.
it looks like this fuse was placed on a piece of aluminum stock to allow a user to run a finger under it to reset the breaker/fuse. I wonder if this is BlueBird installed , if so it may be aconcern for the 94pt models out there. The red battery cable in the image is where I wired around the damage to get the bus home and the green gaff tape insulated the burnt solenoid out of the way for that trip.
Damage was minor. I was lucky. thanks for the comment

(11-20-2014 15:55)Deb N Randy Wrote:  I like it, bypass it if it goes bad. Confused The fool who tries to steal my bus with the AT switch engaged is in for a world of whoop-ass coming.. I tell you. WinkBig Grin
As you, I've only turned mine 'On' by accident so far, it didn't take the toilet to figure it out butt good to know if'n.
I usually dont like to bypass or change engineered designs But this causes a bunch of issues and I never use it for protection.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)