Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for key lock or parts
11-22-2014, 14:19 (This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 15:12 by dentmac.)
Looking for key lock or parts
Hi
The cast metal tab that turns to hold outside door closed is broken off. (Electronic area beside driver) Idea as to replacement. ...Duct tape is not impressive !
UPDATE:
Found lots of them.. Just not the same one
They are called "Metal Wafer Cam lock" Even Home Depot has them. < $5 ( no doubt made in China )

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2014, 00:41
RE: Looking for key lock or parts
Ross,
Often the keyed portion just pulls out of the barrel in case you haven't already found this. You could buy any of the locks, swap barrels and be good as new.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
11-25-2014, 01:29
(11-25-2014 00:41)Arcticdude Wrote:  Ross,
Often the keyed portion just pulls out of the barrel in case you haven't already found this. You could buy any of the locks, swap barrels and be good as new.

Ross a good google search to do is search images. some interesting options come up. I like the idea of a combination lock for the electric shore cord compartment

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
11-25-2014, 14:26
Hi,
Thanks everyone,
I have a cheap Chinese version in there now but am watching for correct replacement or one that I can change the key cylinder. It is the same as the 450 fuel locks.
FYI, the electric compartment is locked by the central electric locks but the battery compartment is not. Combination there would be nice.

(11-25-2014 01:29)GregOConnor Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 00:41)Arcticdude Wrote:  Ross,

Ross a good google search to do is search images. some interesting options come up. I like the idea of a combination lock for the electric shore cord compartment

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)