Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
12-19-2014, 14:28
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
The discharge limit. Is that set by prompting an auto start of the genset or a shutdown of the inveter? My interest in lithium and the hybrid inverters is strictly a weight factor unique to the gmc class of rigs. I didn't do the math in my wonderlodge 8 years ago when I invested 4 grand in lead acid L16s which took 24 hours to recharge when drawn down. In that instance i needed more charge amps but the top end float was still 3 hours. Since my lodge has a big lp tank designed for a intended primus and the factory decided to install a wabasto. I mounted a dock for a pull start yamaha 2400 inverter charger with a lp kit that recovered the batteries in 5 hours more complete then the 15k power tech unit did in 2 hours. The new hybrid inverters help with allowing for a smaller genset to start ac units
On a side note while looking for a genset for my gmc motorhome I found dealers bound by the yamaha price structure posting used prices for new sets by calling the unit used. My fear is trusting a dealer who circumvent their vendor agreement may be doing the same to a customer if a after purchase issue arrises.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries - GregOConnor - 12-19-2014 14:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)