Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dash Cam
12-27-2014, 23:30 (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014 23:32 by jwasnewski.)
RE: Dash Cam
(12-26-2014 11:50)patticake Wrote:  
(12-25-2014 22:16)jwasnewski Wrote:  Yea, I don't care what happens in Russia.

I ride behind a dash cam every day and absolutely despise the invasion. I can't pick my nose or scratch my nads without someone looking.

It blows big time.

As long as we let technology rule us, we will be controlled. EOS.

Besides, why have a camera in your bus? There are cameras on every light pole in town!

Leroy, the reason it's there is to protect you(hopefully) in a crash. With all the lawyers advertising about "hit by a big rig", all of us need it to show who is at fault or not at fault.
At least that's my reason for having oneBig Grin

Steve, and anyone else who will listen! The intent is to brow beat you into submission. Kinda sorta lulling you to sleep.

I do not intend to hand my personal freedom to a drive cam or any other electronic devise under the pretense that it will protect me. That's nonsense. I will protect myself. I have done it for 72 years and will continue.

Ya see, I have this job where someone watches what I do all day in real time including a GPS which gives the de-cell rates when I apply the jake and service brakes. It's damn crazy. In fact, the person that reviews it does not carry a CDL and would not know come here from sick em about driving a chicken truck, which by the way is highly dangerous. The supervisor then comes to say you did this and that on the drive cam. I say nothing but just hand them the keys to the truck. So far, they have given the keys back. Lol

Technology has its place. However, I stick by my statement above. We must pay attention or it will control us, like it or not!

Let's talk hacking as an example. You cannot argue it is not happening.

I am not going to willfully walk to the guillotine.

Leroy A. Eckert
Dahlonega, GA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2014, 12:19
Leroy, I agree with you on being watched and monitored, especially in the newer trucks(and cars), but I don't like the idiot 4 wheel drivers who don't pay attention and think you will move for them. I fear them more in my bus than in the Edsel, and is the reason for the camera.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
12-28-2014, 12:33
(12-28-2014 12:19)patticake Wrote:  Leroy, I agree with you on being watched and monitored, especially in the newer trucks(and cars), but I don't like the idiot 4 wheel drivers who don't pay attention and think you will move for them. I fear them more in my bus than in the Edsel, and is the reason for the camera.

So which make and model do you use Steve?

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
12-28-2014, 13:43
I cant see a tape being a good tool to prove someone else is at fault. 50% of fault is always dependent on reaction. I can see a tape being used against a driver/photographer to prove more fault or closer to that 50%. I think dash cams are a cool fun toy to have to roll back and check out what happens when your too busy driving.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
12-29-2014, 00:20
I'm with Leroy. Cameras, cameras, cameras everywhere!! I hate cameras, especially traffic cameras...........

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post
12-29-2014, 22:30
(12-28-2014 12:33)mikebulriss Wrote:  
(12-28-2014 12:19)patticake Wrote:  Leroy, I agree with you on being watched and monitored, especially in the newer trucks(and cars), but I don't like the idiot 4 wheel drivers who don't pay attention and think you will move for them. I fear them more in my bus than in the Edsel, and is the reason for the camera.

Still looking, but the Boss mentioned a GoPro. Don't know anything about them, but am open to listen to anyone that has used this camera, or has opinion on it.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
12-30-2014, 02:27
(12-29-2014 22:30)patticake Wrote:  
(12-28-2014 12:33)mikebulriss Wrote:  

Still looking, but the Boss mentioned a GoPro. Don't know anything about them, but am open to listen to anyone that has used this camera, or has opinion on it.
GoPro has a bunch of cool cases and mounts that let you use the camera in other places. they even have led light packs and head sets for search dogs. software that you can use to hook it up as a webcam to watch a pet (and a wall thermometer)while you are away from the rig.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)