Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of Wanderlodges
12-28-2014, 13:12
Pictures of Wanderlodges
How does Google acquire these? Mine isn't there.
Googles collection of Wanderlodges

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2014, 01:46
RE: Pictures of Wanderlodges
Good question, Ross. My thought...Google has more capturing processes going than any of us can imagine. Unless of course we happen to be part of Google's ambition. Our coach is not there either.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
12-29-2014, 02:05
(12-29-2014 01:46)csprenger Wrote:  Good question, Ross. My thought...Google has more capturing processes going than any of us can imagine. Unless of course we happen to be part of Google's ambition. Our coach is not there either.

Ours is there.

Dan

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA
12-30-2014, 03:27
Ross, website administrators let / invite google to scan or crawl the content of their website files. the google scan tools are called bots. The googlebots look for words and phrases in the verbiage of the page. The images found on those pages are then tagged with words from the page they appear on. Bots can scan a site every hour or once a month looking for updates. Web authors can also name an image wanderlodge or add a indextag to the image wanderlodge. all these things help rank a photo to show up in a search for a search of "wanderlodge" Then Google knows your preferences from other clicks and once again ranks the images to show up on page number one. The page one images you see are not the same as the images I see. No sports illustrated swimsuit models sunning on zipdee add-a-lounge foldouts on my page one? Google ramped up Dewey's Decimal System card searches.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
12-30-2014, 12:23
Understand the "Ranking " for my page one and those ads on my search pages, but if you and I both do a Google search for "Wanderlodge " , under images, are they not the same? For a search with an area specific request,(like car dealer) there would be slant toward your current area?

(12-30-2014 03:27)GregOConnor Wrote:  Ross, website administrators let / invite google to scan or crawl the content of their website files. the google scan tools are called bots. The googlebots look for words and phrases in the verbiage of the page. The images found on those pages are then tagged with words from the page they appear on. Bots can scan a site every hour or once a month looking for updates. Web authors can also name an image wanderlodge or add a indextag to the image wanderlodge. all these things help rank a photo to show up in a search for a search of "wanderlodge" Then Google knows your preferences from other clicks and once again ranks the images to show up on page number one. The page one images you see are not the same as the images I see. No sports illustrated swimsuit models sunning on zipdee add-a-lounge foldouts on my page one? Google ramped up Dewey's Decimal System card searches.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
12-30-2014, 20:24
the results differ depending on your history and preferences. to see how much history has an effect do the search in two different browsers. Your IP address has some rule in the game on advertising and on the extensions ;Like .com or .ind , .ca , .gov

Being signed into a google gmail account has an effect. A google search of Wanderlodge images on my computer/ firefox/US zip92585 shows Large Marge as the second bus. on Chrome Large Marge is 4th.

Google coders change the rules for ranking to keep the content of a search relevant and to make the searched organic

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
12-30-2014, 20:35
I mess them up a bit I guess. New router and isp, Canuk in AZ. Smile . Large Marge is number 1 Wander is 5 and Moody Blue is 6. Regardless... lots there, the good, the bad and the ugly. (damaged)

(12-30-2014 20:24)GregOConnor Wrote:  the results differ depending on your history and preferences. to see how much history has an effect do the search in two different browsers. Your IP address has some rule in the game on advertising and on the extensions ;Like .com or .ind , .ca , .gov

Being signed into a google gmail account has an effect. A google search of Wanderlodge images on my computer/ firefox/US zip92585 shows Large Marge as the second bus. on Chrome Large Marge is 4th.

Google coders change the rules for ranking to keep the content of a search relevant and to make the searched organic

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)