Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norcold 4 door refer LXI
04-11-2015, 12:42
RE: Norcold 4 door refer LXI
Thanks, I just read the entire thread. The model used in prior installs is no longer available. I opted for model RF18HFENBSR. I did not check the specs other than size. Here is hope that the unit works successful as the one in my 94pt40. Checking the specs I did see that the new model is not energy star rated and the consumption is 594kwh/year which is 30% greater than the on in my 94. I did run it off my house electric for the past 3 days with just water in the refer to see that it works prior to install and it is consuming the same energy as RF197ACBSR ( I use a cheap tell-a-watt device) I dont know why the energy calcs changed or if the compressor is different. I plan to just plug and pray at this point.

In my 94 I had a bunch of plumbing passing under the refer compartment so I built a shelf to mount the unit. I like the fact that when you bend to access the fridge drawer the raised unit keeps your ass from hitting the draw pull across the isle due to the confined space. I now plan to raise the LXi install as high as I can. I also dont like the plastic kick-plate so I plan to recess the kick-plate, modify the legs for toe accommodation and make it brass or stainless. My hope is to push the unit back as far as I can even if it requires cutting the cabinet for the fridge door swing.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Norcold 4 door refer LXI - GregOConnor - 04-11-2015 12:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)