Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NADA Wanderlodge Listings
04-22-2015, 16:15 (This post was last modified: 04-22-2015 16:20 by cmillsap.)
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings
(04-22-2015 13:10)DonB Wrote:  
(04-22-2015 12:45)GregOConnor Wrote:  Don and Msap,,, 40 paragraphs and no price,,, I'm thinking 93K. Got to be a hard job for NADA to establish prices.
A lot of people have a problem with posting what they paid/received, so it isn't all that common unless someone is crowing about the deal they got. I don't have a problem with saying what I paid, but only if Chuck OKs it first. I can say the $93K is not very close.

I don't have a problem, I was just trying to protect Don's privacy. We should realize that it's was two years ago if we want to take depreciation into consideration. Please be my guess, Don... I suspect NADA was fairly close to the number we agreed to but we may not be able to go back 2 years on NADA to confirm that.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2015, 16:31
(04-22-2015 16:15)cmillsap Wrote:  I don't have a problem, I was just trying to protect Don's privacy.
As I was yours Smile

OK, the price was $120K. Interestingly, while prices definitely went lower over the last couple of years it appears that 120 is in the ballpark today. Scarcity of the M380 will always help, and it would always be good to sell into lower fuel prices.

Don Bradner
2004 M380 Double Slide
1990 WB "Blue Thunder" Sold
My Location
[+] 1 user Likes DonB's post
04-23-2015, 12:25
(04-22-2015 12:45)GregOConnor Wrote:  David and Goliath,,,, Dave is one of those guys that can say money isn't everything. The others work at a social network.

Anyone who knows Greg knows that he can give John Stewart a run for his money. LOL!

Just a quick word on David and Goliath. Wog is a wonderful forum. WaGu is a wonderful forum. The purpose of WaGu isn't to battle wog. Our purpose is to carry on in the manner of the original yahoo:groups:wanderlodgeForum as laid out by Mike, Ron, Ernie, and Ralph which you can read about here. We know that we're an alternative forum, but sometimes you need that. Two forums works. Two different philosophies, a checks and balance system, and place to go in times of need. Along with all of this WaGu is rich in documents, features, and the wanderlodgeForum archives, along with lots of very talented, kind hearted, and knowledgeable folks, many of whom also contribute to wog but understand the need for an alternative. Our mission is not to battle Goliath but to serve; however, in my best Obama, "Let's be clear, if there's a case where we think the business sponsored site has gone too far you'll hear from us"!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
05-27-2015, 10:03
Wanderlodge is still there.
Good news. Six weeks later and NADA RV Guides continues to list Wanderlodge. As of today, here's what Nada lists for a 2000 slide equipped LXi:

david brady,

05-27-2015, 14:26 (This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 14:35 by cmillsap.)
RE: Wanderlodge is still there.
(05-27-2015 10:03)davidbrady Wrote:  Good news. Six weeks later and NADA RV Guides continues to list Wanderlodge. As of today, here's what Nada lists for a 2000 slide equipped LXi:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2000/Wande...024/Values
Hopefully, the new owners of Parliament (Ken Robertson & Rick May) have decided not to agree to having Wanderlodge delisted on NADA.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 2 users Like cmillsap's post
06-06-2015, 09:41
(05-27-2015 14:26)cmillsap Wrote:  
(05-27-2015 10:03)davidbrady Wrote:  Good news. Six weeks later and NADA RV Guides continues to list Wanderlodge. As of today, here's what Nada lists for a 2000 slide equipped LXi:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2000/Wande...024/Values
Hopefully, the new owners of Parliament (Ken Robertson & Rick May) have decided not to agree to having Wanderlodge delisted on NADA.

How does that compare to the actual sales values?

Here is the NADA listing for my 1990:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1990/Wande...979/Values

$14,350 average resale price, according to NADA.

What a farce! Actual would be approximately 3X that amount! $40-50k is more where they are selling. Very hard to get a loan on $40k coach, when NADA tells the banker they are only worth $14k! Same with insurance.

NADA may be accurate for the few newer coaches out there, but it is REALLY out of touch with anything more than a few years before BB went out of business.
[+] 1 user Likes mpierce's post
06-06-2015, 11:32
(06-06-2015 09:41)mpierce Wrote:  How does that compare to the actual sales values?

Here is the NADA listing for my 1990:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1990/Wande...979/Values

$14,350 average resale price, according to NADA.

What a farce! Actual would be approximately 3X that amount! $40-50k is more where they are selling. Very hard to get a loan on $40k coach, when NADA tells the banker they are only worth $14k! Same with insurance.

NADA may be accurate for the few newer coaches out there, but it is REALLY out of touch with anything more than a few years before BB went out of business.

That's something that should be fixed, and it's within the power of the brokers/dealers to influence. NADA does it for classic cars, which are traded infrequently, they can do it for classic BB's if the info is funneled to them. I'd call NADA RV Guides and see if there's more that can be done. Perhaps they'll accept BBBB's, BirdConnection's, and others' older data or they may have other suggestions. They've been thru this before most notably with Airstream.

I don't think it should be torn down unless everyone agrees, not the majority, but consensus; otherwise, opinions and arguments are left out and folks are disenfranchised.

david brady,

06-06-2015, 21:01
Well, IF it is within their power, maybe they should do it? But they have not. And I really doubt that they will. Maybe what they should do, is drop off all the older models? The ones that are waaaaaaaaaaay off. That would be easy to do, and they could do it on their own. Keep the models since maybe 2000? And drop off one year every year?
06-06-2015, 21:46
Melvin, see post #49, it's definitely within their power. I spoke with the handful of folks who man NADA RV Guides directly, and they explained to me that they would accept the data. I applaud NADA for not bowing down to the requests of self interests groups.

david brady,

06-08-2015, 23:50
Good to know. We should be expecting somewhat accurate values for older BB's in a few months then.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)