Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NADA Wanderlodge Listings
08-13-2015, 00:39 (This post was last modified: 08-13-2015 00:39 by davidbrady.)
RE: NADA Wanderlodge Listings
I'm pleased to report that NADA is still listing Wanderlodges. Here's the pricing model for a 2000 slide equipped LXi: İmage

This is good news for the community and a triumph over the brokers who would like to keep this information private, scarce, and commercial.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2015, 09:45
That is the good news.

The bad news is, as before, the information for the older models is so wrong it is sickening.

My 1990 is listed as average retail of $14,000! Does that sound accurate to you? Would you sell a 1990 in good shape for $14,000? If so, give me a call. I will get you cash TODAY.

This was the complaint before. We went thru a lot on here about the values. NADA kept them. They are as WRONG today as they were yesterday.

How is anyone to get a 50k loan from a bank, when NADA says to the bank that it is only worth 14k?

I know, all the owners of the newest BB's like NADA. Fine. Leave them on. But once you get older than about 2000 or so, NADA does the owners of the older BB's a great DISSERVICE. It would be better to have NO value, than one that is only about 25% of real value.

The idea of getting the prices of sales of the older rigs sent to NADA was, and is, obviously a pipe dream. It did not happen. I do not believe it will ever happen. NADA values prove it will not work, or the values would be higher by now.

My solution: get NADA to drop listing the values of the coaches over 15 years old. Seems like that is about the age that the values get completely out of line. That way, you get to keep the listing of your newer, higher priced rigs. And us owners of older rigs, get rid of ridiculously under valued listings.
08-13-2015, 13:51
A very good rant; however, I still maintain that the best long term benefit for everyone involved is to have open and free access to information. Keeping this information private and in the hands of a few commercial interests does a disservice to the community. Ask them why they won't forward transaction data to NADA? NADA will listen. Tearing down NADA, even if just a portion, only furthers the special interests of these few. Why don't you hold them accountable? Tearing down all of NADA without consensus is just plain wrong.

david brady,

08-16-2015, 10:21
Didn't realize I was "ranting". Oh well.

If ranting is suggesting that NADA keep the values for the years that are accurate, and drop the older years that are wildly inaccurate, then I am guilty of "ranting".

Why is it OK for you to advocate for keeping the values, but ranting when I advocate for dropping years and values that are totally inaccurate?

What would be wrong about dropping years before approximately 2000, that are not even in the ball park area of being accurate, and keeping the newer values that are reasonably accurate?

Please don't just suggest that accurate values get reported, because they are not being reported, and they will NOT be reported in the future. Just isn't going to happen, or it would be already.

Seems like a compromise is in order on what years are listed. Why would NADA want to list prices that are only 25% of actual value?
Seems like it degrades their credibility.
[+] 1 user Likes mpierce's post
08-16-2015, 15:28 (This post was last modified: 08-16-2015 15:37 by davidbrady.)
I don't think we nor they have much sway over whether it stays or goes. I do know they are willing to accept transaction data. I think that's our only hope. I haven't seen any discussions over there applying pressure to supply data to fix the problem.

A rant because of the capitalized words which usually denotes yelling when writing online which implies an emotionally charged post. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way; nothing wrong with a good rant! Smile

david brady,

08-16-2015, 15:44
4 capitalized words, just for emphasis, not yelling, although that is generally what it means. But, then I would have done a lot more! LOL!

It is just I would rather have no values, versus having values that are grossly out of line. I know a number of older BB owners who first went to the bank to finance a $50k BB, and the first thing the officer did was pull out a NADA book, and said no way, it is only worth $14K! "We will loan 70% of 14K if that will help you out!" Riiiiiiight!

I realize that the values are reasonably accurate on the newer birds. I am glad of that. Good deal. Helps you guys out. But, it REALLY (just emphasis, NOT shouting! LOL) kills the deal when one can only borrow 9k on a 50k BB!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)