Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deico 50 DN Alt.
06-19-2015, 21:00
Deico 50 DN Alt.
I am learning a painful lesson in Alternators. There are rebuilders and then there is the best rebuilder. http://www.bctruckelectric.com
This company has developed a double lip seal for the main shaft and improvements in the stator bolt seal. If you need a Delco 50 DN check them out. They also have voltage regulators for the discontinued Delco numbers.

The good news two companies have Beta versions of air cooled replacements for the old oil cooled 50 DN. They are in the field being tested. They may be on the market in three years. Hang on if you can.

Charlie Vaughn
1999 LXi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cvaughn's post
06-21-2015, 11:05
RE: Deico 50 DN Alt.
Thanks for the link Charlie. They have some great stuff there. Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-09-2015, 12:02
I'm having alternator problems with my 50-dn and want to replace it with a new delco remy alternator 40si but can't get bracket information on what would work for me. Has anyone converted to the new air cooled alternator yet?
07-09-2015, 14:20 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 17:48 by davidbrady.)
The 40si is a nice looking alternator. Like the 50DN it's a brushless design. It looks like it comes in a pad mount but the pad on the S60 is a radius pad. Have you looked at the Neihoff air cooled alternators? They're popular in the Prevost converter world. I believe they bolt up to the S60 radius pad. A quick call to Neihoff or to Parliament Coach will confirm this.

For smart multi-stage voltage regulation I'd look at the Balmar products. Something like the ARS-5.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)