Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aqua Hot exhaust
07-14-2015, 01:50
Aqua Hot exhaust
While pulling out of a rather steep parking lot exit I heard a scraping sound as the coach (2003 LX 40) crossed the hump. Checking I found the Aqua Hot exhaust pipe hangs down 3 or 4 inches midway between the steer and drive axles. absolutely worst place for clearance. Any suggestions on relocating, raising or other ideas to increase clearance?

My GMC has the capability of inflating the air bags to gain clearance in town. Is this a possibility with the LX?

Hal Kading
2003 LX40
Las Cruces NM

Hal Kading
Las Cruces NM
2003 LX 40 2S
1978/1998 GMC Buskirk Stretch
1977 GMC Kingsley for sale
1976 GMC Edgemont sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2015, 09:17 (This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 09:47 by travelite.)
RE: Aqua Hot exhaust
Hi Hal,

There was an LX/LXi option for raising the rear air suspension. You can see it here: Document Library->Models->LXi-> LXi Print Package->LXiPrintPackage#4.pdf, page 4, assembly 3, and assembly 4. What's not shown is the pilot needed to actuate valves V2 and the two V4's. The V4's bypass the height control valves (HCV) and V2 supplies tank pressure directly to the drive axle air springs. As the rear of the bus lifts, the tag axle air pressure regulator adds additional air to the tag axle air springs thereby offering additional lifting force. It's as simple as three 2-way pneumatic valves and a pilot control solenoid! The way it works on my Prevost is that the pilot control is a momentary switch. As long as I hold the switch, the suspension lifts. As soon as I let go the HCV's take over.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-14-2015, 12:58
RE: Aqua Hot exhaust
I believe that the exhaust can be routed differently without too much trouble. Mine is lowered about 4 inches, but is in front of drive axle- out of the way of dips, etc

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)