Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17k vs 29,5K? The same BB?
08-24-2015, 01:50
17k vs 29,5K? The same BB?
Does anyone know why one of these coaches is $12,500 more than the other? They both appear to be almost identical to me, but for the mileage and date of manufacture. They're posted on vintagebirds.com

1980 Wanderlodge FC35 RB Very desirable rear bath model with twin beds. 3208 Cat engine, Allison 4 spd transmission. 102,000 miles on coach. 3 roof airs, 3 Lp gas furnaces, 3 chassis heaters, ice machine and 12.5 diesel generator. 2 inverters, food processor, gas stove, microwave, built-in washer-dryer. Also has engine block heater and horton fan system. Back-up camera, Falcon tow bar included with sale. Coach runs great. All systems work except engine-powered Air Conditioning. Coach located in Chicago, IL. Asking $17,000. For more information, contact David Powell at 773-374-4730 or 312-659-3801 or contact via E-mail. Pictures 08/2014

1982 Wanderlodge FC35 3208 CAT diesel engine, 5-speed Allison transmission, 75K miles, 265 gal. fuel tank, 12.5 KW diesel generator, 3 roof airs, 1 on motor, 4 120V electric furnaces, 3 LP furnaces, 2 hot water heaters off motor, factory checkered plate roof deck, 3 roof storage bins, 6 mag wheels, like new tires, patio and window awnings, A&E screen room with privacy curtains, ceramic tile in bath and kitchen, side-by-side refrigerator/ice maker, large ice maker, on-board vacuum system, in-motion satellite, built-in computer desk, 2 flat screen TV's (32" and 17"), surround sound w/13 speakers, CD, DVD players, AM-FM radio, memory foam pads on twin beds, convection/microwave oven, space saver coffee maker and can opener, GPS system, gun safe, money safe, back-up TV camera and monitor, much more. Want more info or have questions? Call Jimmy Vaughn at 864-517-2966. Coach is in Greenville, SC and may be viewed by appt. PRICED TO SELL AT $29,500! Also can contact via E-mail. Pictures 06/2014
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2015, 08:14
RE: 17k vs 29,5K? The same BB?
Any owner can ask any price they want. Does not mean they get it.
08-24-2015, 10:35 (This post was last modified: 08-24-2015 10:36 by cvaughn.)
Illinois means road salt.

Jimmy Vaughn has been driving his coach for years living in SC.

I hope this answers your question

Charlie Vaughn
1999 LXi
[+] 1 user Likes cvaughn's post
08-24-2015, 12:32 (This post was last modified: 08-24-2015 12:58 by travelite.)
Hi Opuntia,

Condition and ongoing steady maintenance and documentation to prove it means everything and can fluctuate wildly on a bus of this age. Buses in this age group have typically had several owners and have seen lots of wrenching from qualified and possibly not so qualified individuals. Some of the changes, maintenance, and upgrades add value, and some detract. As Charlie mentions rust is an issue, contrary to what a lot of folks will tell you. Blue Bird didn't use the best chassis paints and in some cases only used primer. A coach that's been driven thru the rust belt will show it and the fix isn't cheap. In short, you'll see large variance in asking prices and the usual best advice is it's better to spend too much for the right bus then it is to spend too little for the wrong one. I other words if you're going to err (and we all err), err in the direction of the bus that's been well maintained with documentation to prove it. Spending more for the right bus is the economical thing to do. Also, there's no substitute for boots on the ground. You need to go look at these buses personally. It's always a good idea to hire a person to do a pre-purchase inspection, but in the meantime you can do a lot of investigation by simply poking your head through the door. Smell the coach, look for stains, look for rust, see if it's dripping fluids. Poke around the engine compartment, do the belts and hoses look fresh, are the fasteners rust free, is it generally clean, are the fluid levels correct, are there date stamps written onto the filters? Check the battery and tire date codes. Tread depth means nothing, only the DOT code on the tire reveals what life is left if any. They can be glistening with Armorall but they're still junk. Pull transmission and engine oil samples and send them off to a lab for testing. Read the engine and transmission codes if it's an electronic engine. Start the engine and take if for a spin. Does it stay in its lane? Does it vibrate excessively? Keep and eye on the exhaust and note whether it smokes and what color. I could go on and on, but it's not rocket science. Any one of us including you can peak inside a coach and instantly tell if it's been cared for or if it has the telltale signs of an enduring lawn ornament! LOL!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
08-24-2015, 20:49
Also, between those two, the second has a lot of more features than the first, and looks like more care if Jimmy is involved with it.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
[+] 1 user Likes patticake's post
08-25-2015, 13:06 (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 13:44 by Opuntia.)
(08-24-2015 08:14)mpierce Wrote:  Any owner can ask any price they want. Does not mean they get it.

Yes! I have seen pricing all over the place! I think NADA is way off on these older coaches, so I feel like I'm shooting in the dark with judging the asking prices. I'm glad the gurus know what's up while I'm learning!Blush
08-25-2015, 14:56 (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 15:42 by Opuntia.)
(08-24-2015 20:49)patticake Wrote:  Also, between those two, the second has a lot of more features than the first, and looks like more care if Jimmy is involved with it.

So you know this person and coach too? Wow... I'll investigate this one a bit. I guess there are a lot of gurus in her and on WOG who know a lot of owners and their coaches. That's really reassuring for when I'm ready to pull the trigger. Do you know if anyone would be interested in a finder's fee when I'm ready to go?

Thanks Steve.

Mimi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)