Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask the owner - not the forum
08-30-2015, 09:00
Ask the owner - not the forum
It appears that a sale on another forum has just blown up because the buyer was asking questions regarding repair costs before the sale concluded on the forum and not the owner. Hmmm. I think it embarrassed the owner, or made him mad, that those questions weren't discussed privately before being done publicly.

Talk to the seller - give him/her the chance to disclose everything before you ask everyone else.

"The Wanderers" Cool
Michael & Gary
Damn..... STILL looking, and looking, and looking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2015, 12:24
RE: Ask the owner - not the forum
Opinions are good but cost are relative to your understanding of the issue and your guts to attempt the repair. I say ask the forum. Most sellers quote in Latin after the sale. One caution is the forum over there is controlled for commercial purpose so opinion and reply are less than honest or less than complete. Commercial control is not a bad thing it is however a point to realize when assuming sincerity .

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
Find all posts by this user
08-30-2015, 14:02
You are right on point Greg. If a seller is being honest, and with the complexity and costs of repair much higher than a car, one would hope that they would be proportionally more open and proactive in addressing concerns. Oh well....

"The Wanderers" Cool
Michael & Gary
08-30-2015, 18:37 (This post was last modified: 08-30-2015 18:58 by Itchintogo.)
The quintessential backbone and fundamental importance of any forum would be to perform as a means of communication, resource and to build community.

I agree with Greg ask the forum about maintenance. One of the primary functions of a forum for machines such as a Wanderlodge is to educate current and perspective owners. Ask away! Hahaha! There is no harm in asking especially if a person was doing due diligence which I believe was the case here.

A simple generic question was queried about maintenance on a generic Lxi. Not sure why it went the way it did but there you are, it is what it is.

That coach in question, now that the current owners made it obvious which coach it is, was sold to the current owner by the other Forum's owner in a commercial transaction. At the time of sale it was billed as lovingly cared for by a Canadian gentleman who was well liked and had passed away. Apparently he had taken exquisite care of it. I am not saying anything that most people with a few years experience would not already know.

There is so much "hype" about certain types of history and some of it over there is driven by commercial incentive as mentioned in posts above. Not necessarily a bad thing. In most cases history is good. But this time I guess that history showed up to "bite some butt". Shit happens! Good thing is on WaGu we don't have those encumbrances. History is history and no one is out to make a buck off anyone. Cue the ukuleles!

Oh and by the way I also agree... who the hell is Dorothy anyway? And why does she have or need so many friends? She seems needy to me. Tongue

If I was in the market for a Lxi I'd be driving to Arizona with a cheque in hand.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
[+] 3 users Like Itchintogo's post
08-30-2015, 20:39
You're right, she is needy! What's the history that's such an issue? It appears you don't currently own a Wanderlodge - when are you getting another?

"The Wanderers" Cool
Michael & Gary
08-31-2015, 12:33 (This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 12:41 by davidbrady.)
(08-30-2015 12:24)GregOConnor Wrote:  Opinions are good but cost are relative to your understanding of the issue and your guts to attempt the repair. I say ask the forum. Most sellers quote in Latin after the sale. One caution is the forum over there is controlled for commercial purpose so opinion and reply are less than honest or less than complete. Commercial control is not a bad thing it is however a point to realize when assuming sincerity .

The issue I have with commercial control over there is it didn't start out that way. It became commercial halfway thru after lots of folks gave freely; it morphed into a business. I don't know if you folks remember but WaGu was created when the place announced their plans to run banner ads. This relentless desire to monetize the online Wanderlodge experience led to the creation of WaGu!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-31-2015, 12:54
You claim that the nick name of this forum sounds like a spaghetti sauce. Are there not any Italians in your area?

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
[+] 1 user Likes GregOConnor's post
08-31-2015, 13:07
(08-31-2015 12:54)GregOConnor Wrote:  You claim that the nick name of this forum sounds like a spaghetti sauce. Are there not any Italians in your area?

wa' goo, but don't forget to roll your double-u. Tongue

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
05-12-2016, 21:26
Glad I found this site. I have been frequenting the other one for a few months and wondered about how the administrator seemed to have a monopoly on listing Birds for sale. It reminds me so much of a boat forum that I frequent. Some of the most knowledgeable posters started their own forum after being censored. '

Great group here. Great coaches. Can't wait to officially become part of the club.
[+] 2 users Like BIGBIRD's post
05-13-2016, 09:16
Glad I found this site. I have been frequenting the other one for a few months and wondered about how the administrator seemed to have a monopoly on listing Birds for sale. It reminds me so much of a boat forum that I frequent. Some of the most knowledgeable posters started their own forum after being censored. '
PRETTY MUCH TRUE OF YOUR LAST SENTENCE

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)