Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi York AC Bracket Upgrade
09-03-2015, 13:09 (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 17:13 by travelite.)
LXi York AC Bracket Upgrade
While you're R&R'ing your CAC and Radiator, here's something else that you may as well do now. My machinist pressed a bushing into the inner piece, and a bushing on each ear of the outer piece. He then machined a pin with a grease fitting in the center and tapped a hole to secure the pin flange to the outer piece. The pin flange ensures that only the inner bracket pivots on the pin.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 14:15
RE: LXi York AC Bracket Upgrade
David,

I remember a long thread about this problem. After much discussion on the subject I opted to use a more simple way to stop the wear on the pivot bolt and end brackets. I never had any more problems with wear after the "Fix".

Here's a "quote" from that thread posted in 2010..

The pic below will show what I did to address the problem. Before the fix, I could move the A/C by hand enough to see the slop beginning on the rear bracket arm. After the fix, I could not move the A/C by hand. With the engine running, there was absolutely no movement or vibration.
I am not advocating that anyone do the same, merely showing all what I did. As I mentioned before, only time will tell if this solves the problem but I'm encouraged after seeing it run that this is a good fix.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post
09-03-2015, 14:31
Good going Chuck. BTW, have you noticed I tend to over-engineer! LOL!

david brady,

09-03-2015, 14:44
HaHa, David, you are the consummate engineer.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
09-03-2015, 16:50
In the past I would justify going above and beyond on a repair or upgrade claiming the expense will be recoverd and help with resale. My last home Christmas display set up was complete with a 80 amp subpanel and over 2,500.00 worth of exterior outlets and wiring. The new owner Yetta and Victor Grinblat were not impressed.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
09-03-2015, 17:00
Greg, I know. Most buyers have little or no interest in the engine compartment. They look at exterior colors and interior fabrics and layouts when choosing their motorhome. My work is for my enjoyment! Lucky for me, Wanderlodges have no shortage of areas where owners can personalize. I'm at a loss with my Prevost. There's nothing to do! LOL! Smile

david brady,

09-03-2015, 18:38 (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 18:39 by cmillsap.)
So true, guys,

I kept telling myself that all the hard work and large expense I have make to repair, maintain and upgrade my bus would be reflected in its increased value. But the more I get into the process of selling it, the more I recognize that is probably not the case unless it is bought by a person that has owned or at least knows about a Wanderlodge and appreciates condition.

I even had a man call me and offer $47k for it. You can insult me but you can not insult my Wanderlodge that way. I told him to "go pound salt".

As you know, my LXi is listed on EBay, RVT, RVTrader and Wanderlodge Trader for sale at $149000.

Without exception, I've found that the first thing a buyer want to know is how much I am willing to lower the price. They don't want to hear me tell them that it is priced commensurate with its excellent condition. Not one has asked to see the maintenance records that justify the price.

Condition is everything when it comes to buying a Wanderlodge. Sure, there are the same vintage busses as my LXI being sold out there at a cheaper price but each will more than likely need a lot of money spent on fixing it up. It's just false economy because it is not cheap to get and keep a Wanderlodge in reliable condition. There are literally 100s of items that will need to be repaired, replaced or maintained on a Wanderlodge to keep it up in good condition.

So Greg, the real value in fixing what needs to be fixed on your bus is to assure yourself that the bus will be more reliable and carry you wherever you want to go without worrying about being stuck on the side of the road with mechanical failures.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post
09-03-2015, 22:44
I appreciate low ballers. My reply to the question what is the lowest you will take is I turned down x so my acceptable price is between x and asking. This usualy puts a perspective on sincerity to both parties

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
09-03-2015, 22:54
(09-03-2015 14:44)cmillsap Wrote:  HaHa, David, you are the consummate engineer.

I have my moments! Fleeting as they are! Smile

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)