Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bird of the Week Gallery
09-09-2015, 23:09
Bird of the Week Gallery
Wow. Just saw the front page with all the Bird of the Week history that came flooding back. I remember setting those things up each week. Thanks for the memories David! ?

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like mikebulriss's post
09-10-2015, 00:06
RE: Bird of the Week Gallery
LOVE IT...I had forgotten about this. Keep it going. Thanks. Curt

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
[+] 1 user Likes csprenger's post
09-10-2015, 11:25 (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 11:27 by davidbrady.)
Thanks to you Mike for your dedication in putting all of these together; they're beautiful, and there's 385 more of them over here: http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com/gallery/...p?album=45!

Curt, I'll continue to roll new ones in to our Index page; I hope to have a "Bird of the Day". Glad you're enjoying them. I certainly do!

Folks, all of the yahoo:groups:WanderlodgeForum pics are available in WaGu's Document Library over here: Document Library->WanderlodgeForum->Photos. Anyone can download these pics and create WaGu Gallery Albums of interesting stuff which will show up on our Index page. I'll do this as time goes on.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-10-2015, 19:52 (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 22:45 by travelite.)
Okay, now we're cooking. We have 385 "bird of the week" pics to enjoy so let's enjoy them! I changed the viewer to scroll through the images so every time you re-load the Index page, which I do by simply clicking on our Index page header logo (the collage of birds banner at the top), you'll be treated to another set of six images. Have fun!

I have to say Mike, that's a very pleasing shade of purple you chose. Sorta cabernet. Nothing like Blue Birds in their natural habitat.

david brady,

09-11-2015, 15:25 (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 15:26 by mikebulriss.)
(09-10-2015 19:52)davidbrady Wrote:  I have to say Mike, that's a very pleasing shade of purple you chose. Sorta cabernet. Nothing like Blue Birds in their natural habitat.

That cabernet color was in respect of 'BoxWine' Ernie, the founder of the original forum! Big Grin

I have to admit, I don't even remember doing some of those, like the Memorial Day specials. The two misc ones of Mike Hohenstein's (sp?) bus were a Photoshop exercise in removing the trailer from the picture that was ultimately used as a BotW shot. You can delete those if you want.

It's kind of interesting to reflect on all the folks that have come and gone through the years, just passing through on a new-to-them adventure, versus the folks that have been here continuously.

I wonder of the Birds and Bears rallies are still taking place? Also interesting to remember Bim Burt's collection of Bluebirds that he's had over the years! LOL!

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
09-11-2015, 15:42
Mike,

These are turning out to be our most viewed pics!

As far as deleting a pic or two, you mentioned the BotW shot. Do you mean this one: İmage

david brady,

09-11-2015, 16:08
(09-11-2015 15:42)davidbrady Wrote:  Mike,

These are turning out to be our most viewed pics!

As far as deleting a pic or two, you mentioned the BotW shot. Do you mean this one:

OK, leave them there then. That was the "after" version that went on to be in a Bird of the Week front page. I remember playing with getting the trailer out of the side window without screwing up the reflected glare on the windshield. Fun times.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)