Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWH Jacks will not retract
09-26-2015, 10:35
RE: HWH Jacks will not retract
Hi Cruisergeek,

I've been waiting patiently for an update! Smile Thanks, I really appreciate it and I'm very happy you got it fixed. But, I need a little more... Can you be more specific? Was it a fuse, a wire, a ground, a bad relay, a bad ignition switch, a cold solder joint, or something else? Here's some pics, can you use Windows Paint to point to it? Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2015, 10:18
It was actually the main power that feeds the HWH control box, absolutely nothing to do with HWH at all. I was unable to find the source of the power feed failure so I installed a completely new power feed through the same relay, as that had power to that point. I was not able to track where the feed went after relay, and used this as my next option. I did check the power out of the relay, and made sure it was not grounding out before I fed the new supply. I disconnected it anyway in case it was intermittently grounding out. I realize this is not the answer you were likely looking for, but it is good to know it was nothing to do with the HWH system.

My assumption is that somewhere after the last relay I found, there was likely another fuse or weak connection, and when the jack went to full, over extend, it pulled an overload of amps and either blew a fuse or exposed a weak connection. I put a 40 amp fuse in the new feed to protect that circuit in the future, and now I know where it is.....

Thanks again for everyone's help during this troubleshooting process.
09-29-2015, 13:16
Thanks Cruiser, I very much appreciate it. Sounds like you're well suited to Wanderlodge ownership! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)