Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWH Jacks will not retract
09-16-2015, 22:56
RE: HWH Jacks will not retract
Hi Cruisergeek,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new coach. At the forward bulkhead of your first basement bay there's a panel that's maybe 2'x2'. Remove this panel. Behind it you'll find the HWH hydraulic pump, the manifold, and the slide room, locking pins, and jack solenoids. Each solenoid is identified by a tag on the electric pigtail going to it. The jack solenoids are labled LF, LR, RF, and RR. Find the one for the stuck jack and loosen the nut or T-handle to release the hydraulic pressure. The HWH manual says, "Turn the valve release nuts (small valves) 4 1/2 complete turns (no more) or valve release T-handles (large valves) 5 full turns counterclockwise". I'm pretty sure yours has T-handles so you'd want to turn the T-handle counterclockwise 5 full turns. This should allow the jack to retract. Always dump the air suspension prior to leveling the coach. This is proper HWH method to level the coach and it also gives the hydraulic jack leveling system a fighting chance of finding level w/o running out of travel.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HWH Jacks will not retract - cmillsap - 09-16-2015, 22:21
RE: HWH Jacks will not retract - davidbrady - 09-16-2015 22:56

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)