Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LPG monitor in coach
03-09-2016, 14:01
LPG monitor in coach
Have acquired 1999 Lxi and in the process of replacing and repairing neglected items and systems. Working on LPG, currently not getting gas to coach (tank is 3/4 full). Checked main switch next to tank, open. Purchased replacement Safe-T-Alert for gas and C0 which includes new solenoid valve. Think solenoid valve is closed. Wires that were attached to old monitor on base of kitchen cabinet are white, green with white strip, purple and green (4). Looks like previous owner had connected the white and green(with white stripe) together for some reason. My alert monitor has two white, one black and one red wires. Has anyone replaced their Safe-T-Alert monitor and valve that could give me some advice as to the correct wire connections to make.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2016, 00:57 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 01:00 by cmillsap.)
RE: LPG monitor in coach
Ron,

Notwithstanding that your monitor wiring may have been altered by the PO, I would first check for a blown fuse. The LPG monitor is powered through a fuse #SK-16 located in the fuse panel above the driver's seat. You will find it in the far left overhead cabinet behind the panel that the door bell is attached to.

I have attached a list of fuses found on your LXi. Everyone should keep this fuse list in their coach.

I will look for the LPG schematic but there may not be one available and someone will have to tell you how their LPG monitor is wired so you can copy that.

Attached File(s)
.doc  BBFUSEPUBB.doc (Size: 44 KB / Downloads: 457)
.doc  BBFUSEPUBA.doc (Size: 20 KB / Downloads: 431)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-10-2016, 10:31
RE: LPG monitor in coach
Chuck, Thanks for information, Ron Keelen

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)