Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
radiator
03-21-2016, 11:52
radiator
Engine running hot, 1999 Wanderlodge Lxi, detriot diesel 60, Radiator Specialities model RS-3266. Looking for replacement, looks Radiator Specialties no longer in business, does anyone know where I can find replacement at reasonable cost, Thanks for any help, Ron
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2016, 16:32
RE: radiator
Any decent radiator shop should easily be able to recore your existing unit without much down time. Is there a reason they don't want to?

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-21-2016, 18:38
I was trying to estimate the cost of possible repair and price for a new one. I am having a problem getting a quote on a new one, they want an OE number, all I have is the original numbers on radiator, model and serial number. Was hoping someone with the same model had replaced it with a new one. Guess I will bring in to a radiator repair shop and see if we can repair and perhaps they would know where I could get a replacement if necessary. Thanks for the reply Arcticdude
03-21-2016, 19:28 (This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 19:31 by davidbrady.)
Ron,

It was about 5 years ago when I did mine and the price was around $2300. My local radiator shop sourced a core for me and bolted up the existing tanks to it. If your tanks are rusted they're usually easily repaired. I'd stick with a six row copper core with serpentine fins. Over six fins doesn't buy you anything because of the extra air flow restriction.

Here's a post where a member talks about a possible alternative design: http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com/showthre...3#pid50863

ArcticDude, great to hear from you! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-21-2016, 20:47
Here are the schematics for the Radiator and CAC that can be used to build new complete units. Given labor costs to remove, replace and recore your existing unit, sometimes it's just as cheap to have a new one built to these specs. Copper core/fin radiators,while providing better heat transfer, tend to deterrioate more rapidly than aluminum cored radiators. This is especially true in coastal and salty enviroments.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  LXi_ChargeAirCoolerRadiatorAssy.pdf (Size: 111.06 KB / Downloads: 550)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-24-2016, 19:53 (This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 19:57 by Ron Keelen.)
David, thanks for the information, have en estimate of 2,100 for a copper re-core so far

Chuck, thanks for the information. Tried to get a price from JB, said I had to order from Blue Bird.
03-27-2016, 12:40
Your signature does not show a city but when in southern California here is a good source. http://www.stewartsradiator.com/automobile-radiators owner is Wayne. He rodded my 8v92 in 06 for 800. Including Trans cooler.I used Pacific radiator in fontana ca. to build my lxi radiator in '15 but was not happy with the care they neglected when cleaning my cac. I just had Stewarts custom build a radiator for my 74 Pinto using the top tank and they didn't laugh.real pro's

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
04-28-2016, 14:43
To revive this thread, Radiator Specialties is still in business, but they don't sell direct. They referred me to Source Engineering in Oregon for a rad. Was quoted $5100 plus shipping and at least a week for mine! It's good I don't need it! Yikes!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)