Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to pickup our bird!
04-12-2016, 10:23
About to pickup our bird!
My girlfriend and I are picking up our 79 FC35 May 6th. It is located in Georgia and we are heading down from southern Virginia. My question for all of you fine folks is do you have any suggestions on things we should take with us ? Our plan is to use it for a week before bringing her home to tie up loose ends (renting the house, paying off a little debt, etc). After this summer we should be full timing. The sellers are including everything necessary to hookup.

Thank you for your time and I hope I put this in the right section!

Kody and Callie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2016, 15:18 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 23:08 by cmillsap.)
RE: About to pickup our bird!
Kodie and Callie,

You asked for suggestions so here's mine.

Buying a Bluebird and planning to use it full time is an exciting adventure and I wouldn’t want to spoil your plans and enthusiasm. But a word of caution is in order here. That’s a pretty optimistic approach and schedule considering you’re buying an aged 37 - year old coach.

Do you really know that the coach is in such good condition that it is serviceable enough to allow an immediate week long use? There are many items even on a 37-year old coach that need to be in proper repair and good working order for safe usage.

I would not depend on the seller's description of the coach. I hope you have already personally inspected the bus and if you are not familiar with a Bluebird, you have had someone that is familiar inspect it for you.

I wouldn’t be renting my house out either until I was sure that the coach was capable of being used full time.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
04-12-2016, 15:48
Hi Chuck,

Great advice! I am taking a friend who has a Wanderlodge to inspect it (he is also a diesel mechanic). One of the reasons we are taking it off the road for the summer is to have it thoroughly gone through before we take the plunge. We don't want to get on the road and find out the bad (although I am sure that will happen). Also, I might take your advice of not taking a trip without truly knowing its quirks. Thank you,

Kody
04-12-2016, 15:51
Coach-Net or similar?

Turner's on Tour
'97 Wanderlodge 43'
Full-timers originally from Wilmington, NC

04-12-2016, 16:03
Coach-net
04-12-2016, 21:33
Hi Kody,

Great enthusiasm! you will thoroughly enjoy the journey. It will take you around a month to figure out all the systems and how they work. When I got my first bird I remember how awesome a machine, then I was overwhelmed then I got more comfortable then everything was a lot more fun. Don't forget to post pictures! You have access to a lot of experience on this site, these folks are the interactive encyclopedia for wanderlodge. Good luck!

Mark Kitchens
Athens, TX
1995 WB42
[+] 1 user Likes markkitch's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)