Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chassis Battery Charging
04-18-2016, 15:42
RE: Chassis Battery Charging
I don't know, David, but I have to say that in all the years of Wanderlodge ownership, I was never stuck with dead or discharged batteries. I'm excepting the generator start battery of course.

I spoke Dave at Marathon this morning about the chassis battery charger. He told me that my bus does not have a chassis battery charger installed by them. The chassis batteries are only charged when the engine/alternator is running.

He said that Marathon had only recently started installing Guess chargers on the newer coaches. He said there are two installation methods. They install their chargers with the control circuit ran through the Techlink system. They also install a simple system that just plugs into the engine outlet which dictates that it be plugged in when the bus is sitting but needs to be manually unplugged before the engine is started. The simple method is probably the easy way to add a charger.

I did find a button labeled "Jump Start" on my left instrument panel. I just thought it was for jumping the bus from another Vehicle, LOL
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I should have read the manual more closely.

So now I am making progress. I can't charge my chassis batteries unless I run the engine but I can jump start them when they go dead. LOL.

So I need to install a Guess battery charger but I forgot to ask Dave what the correct size is. Anyone know the correct size or Guess charger model for a battery bank containing 4 series 31 sealed lead acid batteries, CCA 950? I can not find the amp/hrs rating on them.

BTY, David, my inverters are 4000W 24V.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Chassis Battery Charging - cmillsap - 04-17-2016, 22:21
RE: Chassis Battery Charging - cmillsap - 04-18-2016 15:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)