Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask the owner - not the forum
05-13-2016, 14:18
RE: Ask the owner - not the forum
Glad you found us BigBird and welcome. WaGu hopes to offer a new perspective, fresh scenery, and freedom from profit motives. Both sites are quite good at answering questions and helping with technical guidance. At WaGu you don't need to filter through the employee chatter. Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2016, 03:27
Anybody remember a thread on the other forum started by a certain owner asking everybody what their average yearly costs were? I spent some time adding mine up and there was a lot of good info posted. Any copies available?

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
05-17-2016, 11:47 (This post was last modified: 05-17-2016 11:54 by davidbrady.)
Hi Morey,

Is this the thread: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...tcount=233

This post summarizes the outcome: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...tcount=233

The costs analyzed were for required repairs and routine maintenance including tires and batteries. No electives, upgrades, insurance, storage, fuel, or registration costs were included.

In short: "The study says that there's a 90% chance that an individual's expected expense will be in the range from $295 to $457 per month or $3500 to $5500 per year, which is very close to the initial intuitive opinion of $60K over a 5 to 10 year period".

It's good reading but sadly the thread became quite controversial. I think the conclusion still rings as true, but the numbers should probably be inflation adjusted:

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)