Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
02-23-2013, 13:38 (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 13:39 by davidbrady.)
A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
Darrell, Hope everything is well and thanks for joining us. Looking forward to lots of LXi wrenching and traveling conversation! Post some pics of BlueBerry Farm! Looking forward to some blueberry jam! Welcome! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 12:48 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 12:52 by pgchin.)
RE: A very warm welcome to Darrell Snell
Darrell,
Good to see you "virtually"........... if you have any questions about things on your punch list, ask away!!!!!Big Grin

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
02-25-2013, 13:03 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 13:04 by Ms. Bee.)
Hi Pete,

I directed him to your Aquahot post, which I know he really appreciated, and on Saturday he ordered parts for it coming out of Colorado. Hopefully he ordered them express, because we are expecting 5-6 continuous nights of freezing weather up at the farm. Nutty weather. Friday was 88F.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/find...62.1.99999

Our older dog, Pirate Snell, also thanks you. Smile

PS. I tried to post on your bruschetta the other day, and about Stuart Wood but the puter ate it and I didn't have the time right then to re-write. Sorry.

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
02-25-2013, 13:12
(02-25-2013 13:03)Ms. Bee Wrote:  Hi Pete,

I directed him to your Aquahot post, which I know he really appreciated, and on Saturday he ordered parts for it coming out of Colorado. Hopefully he ordered them express, because we are expecting 5-6 continuous nights of freezing weather up at the farm. Nutty weather. Friday was 88F.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/find...62.1.99999

Our older dog, Pirate Snell, also thanks you. Smile

PS. I tried to post on your bruschetta the other day, and about Stuart Wood but the puter ate it and I didn't have the time right then to re-write. Sorry.

Jenn,
I'm glad it helped him. No worries on the other post, it's all good!Big Grin PS Chuck made a very good point and they do smoke a bit on start-up if they have been laying around so you may want to run it 5-10 minutes to see if it clears to a tolerable level, it will still need the service but at least you won't freeze this weekend at the farm!Big Grin worse case, turn on the electric kick heaters and the electric heating coil on the aquahot and that should keep you comfortable, albeit NOT toasty!Tongue
PSS if Darrell decides to see if it will clear up, then just open the cover up with 4- 6 screws exposing the burner head (left side of the system), then try it. This way he can watch the burner head to make sure nothing else is the issue. If you see excess diesel poring out of the exhaust pipe, then shut it down and do the service as the nozzle is probably clogged or messed up.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
02-25-2013, 13:29 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 13:40 by Ms. Bee.)
Thanks again, Pete.
I'll be sure to pass this info along as well.

Come to think of it, we turned the aquahot on at BassPro in Pensacola on our way back from the Balloon Fest and South Texas. I'm not sure if we had ever used it earlier in the trip.

We stayed warm in the coach the weekend before last when it froze for two nights, using the furnace and heat strips, but I don't like hot air, or cold floors and the thought of having a warm floor really appealed to me and to Pirate Snell.

(For some reason, I can only post 1 pic at a time from my iPad.
I get a message that the attachment has already been used and to try a different name, this is when it is a different pic. Don't know what I'm doing incorrectly Huh)

So here's another pic of the farm.

PSS. if you look carefully you can see Darrell in the hot tub! Tongue

When are you both going to come for a visit??? Big Grin

2000 LXi ME SS
02-25-2013, 13:50
We have Blueberry farms around here too. But we grow em right side up! Tongue

Your way is probably much easier for picking!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
02-25-2013, 15:33 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 15:35 by pgchin.)
(02-25-2013 13:29)Ms. Bee Wrote:  Thanks again, Pete.

Come to think of it, we turned the aquahot on at BassPro in Pensacola on our way back from the Balloon Fest and South Texas. I'm not sure if we had ever used it earlier in the trip.

We stayed warm in the coach the weekend before last when it froze for two nights, using the furnace and heat strips, but I don't like hot air, or cold floors and the thought of having a warm floor really appealed to me and to Pirate Snell.

Yeah, you probably just need the service, and yes warm floors are where it is at!Big Grin Donna is working on "our walk about" for this year so as soon as I know when we are actually leaving, I'll pm you. I have 1 more MAJOR job to do on the chassis, then it's a "go"!!!!!Cool We need to leave FL someway so a stop out over a weekend you're at the farm is not out of the question!Wink If it happens, I come prepared to work on your "punch list"!Wink Did I tell you I LOVE blueberries? When I was a kid and my grandfather was still alive he had several bushes and my mom would take me over there to pick'em! YUMMMMMM!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
02-25-2013, 17:08
(02-25-2013 15:33)pgchin Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 13:29)Ms. Bee Wrote:  Thanks again, Pete.

Yeah, you probably just need the service, and yes warm floors are where it is at!Big Grin Donna is working on "our walk about" for this year so as soon as I know when we are actually leaving, I'll pm you. I have 1 more MAJOR job to do on the chassis, then it's a "go"!!!!!Cool We need to leave FL someway so a stop out over a weekend you're at the farm is not out of the question!Wink If it happens, I come prepared to work on your "punch list"!Wink Did I tell you I LOVE blueberries? When I was a kid and my grandfather was still alive he had several bushes and my mom would take me over there to pick'em! YUMMMMMM!

You are the sweetest person but we are not inviting you come work! Angel

We want you both to come, have some fun with us, relax and eat some berries to your heart's content (that's if there are any to be had after the big upcoming freeze), maybe eat some shrimp and drink some wine too??? Tongue

There's the Suwannee river, rafting, kayaking etc, and lots of springs to visit.

We'd love to see you both and we are only about 20 miles south of Hwy 10, probably the same off of 75, and of course it a great way to get to Carrabella through the countryside.

Who knows we might even join you, if I can pull Darrell away from the grindstone. Wink

2000 LXi ME SS
02-27-2013, 10:01
Thanks Pete
I'm having a look see tomorrow. Bought a new nozzle and igniter gage and I'll fire it up once I have it uncovered.
Thanks for the tips and I will report more when I know.
Look forward to seeing you guys during your walkabout!
D
02-27-2013, 12:31
(02-27-2013 10:01)Darrell Snell Wrote:  Thanks Pete
I'm having a look see tomorrow. Bought a new nozzle and igniter gage and I'll fire it up once I have it uncovered.
Thanks for the tips and I will report more when I know.
Look forward to seeing you guys during your walkabout!
D
Good deal and good luck! We're here if you run into any questions. Yes we are "stoked" to see you two again as well. We'll firm up as soon as I know when we will "actually roll" You know how "chassis items" go all too well!!!!!!! Sometimes great as planned, sometimes not so good!Rolleyes

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)