Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where are all the Wanderlodges?
08-09-2016, 14:48 (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 15:52 by davidbrady.)
Where are all the Wanderlodges?
Folks,

Just returned from a month long journey from NC to Colorado. Had a really great trip with my wife and our four children (10 mos, 5, 7 and 10 years old). We did the Durango to Silverton train and the Cumbres Toltec train out of Chama NM. We then headed north through the Rockies - Antonito to Alimosa to Buena Vista to Leadville, then Vale, and over the Eisenhower pass to Breckenridge, Golden, and Boulder before heading back east to visit my folks in Pa. 4500 miles, 17 states and lots of ear plugs later and we're back in Asheville NC. The bus didn't miss a beat. In fact I didn't bring any tools with me and didn't need any. So..., I wish I could say I saw some birds during our excursion but unfortunately I didn't. Not one! I saw plenty of H3's but no birds. Where are all you guys? I hope you're out there traveling this beautiful country of ours!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 19:17
RE: Where are all the Wanderlodges?
I'm stuck at home working between jobs on one of our homes. Brenda and I are going away for the weekend, finally

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
08-09-2016, 20:33 (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 20:42 by cmillsap.)
I ran into a long time Bluebird owner parked in of all places at Marathon Coach in Coburg, OR. We had a rock crack the driver's windshield and stopped there to have it replaced. The Gentleman's name was Larry Leach. He has owned an '03 LXi SS since '07 and several other Wanderlodges in the past. He said he used to go to the RATS rallies but had not participated in any groups or rallies for years. Ernie probably remembers him and his wife Kathleen.

Anyhow, he was having trouble keeping his generator running and he was hoping that Marathon could fix it. He had been working on it for a week with no success. He was convinced that there was air getting into the fuel lines and had replaced the facet pump and some fuel lines. He said that he changed the oil and filters and afterwards the generator wouldn't start or keep running.

Well, I had a hunch that the problem was elsewhere as that was a very common problem with the engine on Powertech generators. I took a jumper wire and jumped the low oil pressure switch and the generator took right off and continued to run. Boy, was he happy. LOL. I gave him my jumper wire and looked up the part# for a new switch for him online and they were going to Portland to pick it up..

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
08-10-2016, 08:02
I'd probably would remember him, if I saw him

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
08-10-2016, 11:48
David,
I hope you liked Summit County & Breckenridge.
I lived there in the 70's & 80's with dirt streets when
the tunnel was completed and the first ever
traffic light was installed in Breck. Now it's
very busy with traffic winter & summer.
I still have a sister that lives in a nice house in close proximity to
Tiger Run RV Resort outside Breckenridge.
Driving a Class A (or any vehicle) in the Rockies is "an education."
Glad you had a good/safe journey.

Frank DiLaura
Learning Everything
(a.k.a. "M.T. Nester")
08-11-2016, 22:50
well , where have we been you say Smile

June 8 th Indio Ca , to Redwoods ( Big trees ), Ca coast , then to Portland Or , then to Valley Forge Pa , then to Floyd Va , then to Beverly Beach Fla , then to Chesterfield S.C. , then to Valley Forge Pa , now in Chicago . From here , not sure if we go south to Wichita Tx for the hotter n hell 100 , or back east ... Decisions Smile
we may not have one of those fancy Preverts , hahaha, but we do just fine in our old Wanderlodge , haha
PS,
we don't carry no tools either , just good old Credit cards Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
08-12-2016, 12:29
ok , decided to visit Ron R in St Joseph Mi Smile looks like there is a small Rally going there and maybe I can brake something on the way and the boys will assist in the repair .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
08-12-2016, 17:40 (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 12:48 by davidbrady.)
Al, trying to follow your route is making me dizzy! Smile Have fun at the Michigan Rally. Wish I could be there. Tell Ron about the conical bump stops in the Prevost air bags which add to the spring rate.

Frank, we liked it so much next year we're going to reserve two weeks at Tiger Run in Breckenridge. We crossed several peaks well in excess of 10,000 ft and descended some long, long grades. Beautiful country!

Chuck, this has been a marathon run in your marathon! Where are you now and how many miles have you driven? Heading home anytime soon?

Anyone else out there with routes, experiences, or travel plans to share? Fuel is cheap! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-12-2016, 21:32
Hi David,

Yes, we've been on a long summer excursion. We left home on June 3rd. First stop Denver, CO to Dallas, TX to Athens, TN to Little Rock, AK to Ozarks (Table Rock Lake) to Springfield, MO to Ft Worth, TX to Anaheim, CA to Pismo Beach, CA to Newport, OR where we are presently. This is such a great place to relax and enjoy for awhile. The daily temperatures here along the Oregon coast have averaged 68*f. This is the only place in the country that we have been this trip that the weather has been tolerable. We will have traveled nearly 8,000 miles by the time we get home.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
08-13-2016, 00:11
David, I will be sure to tell Ron about the conical bump stops in the Prevost air bags which add to the spring rate.

Chuck , way to go , maybe we will cross on 10 this time Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)