Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions..
10-02-2016, 20:26
RE: 1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions..
The 2 A/C switches need to be on for the A/Cs or the Hurricane to work and for the thermostat to function. I Know! I know!, why should you have to turn on the A/C switches to get the furnace to function.???? It's the way the control circuit is wired...

The thermostat that controls the two A/C units also will control the Hurricane's heat zones. Select FURNACE with the MODE button and set the temperature for each zone. The Salon & Dining is ZONE 1 and the bedroom is ZONE 2. The bathroom thermostat is located above the bathroom sink.

The hydro switch should only be on before a cold day start-up to circulate engine coolant through the Hurricane which heats it and warms the engine. The Hydro switch should normally be in the off position which allows the process to reverse. This allows coolant heated by the running engine to circulate through the Hurricane which then heats the water going to your hot water faucets.

So instead of the Hurricanes diesel burner needing to fire up, for several hours after you are parked, the residual heat (energy)generated by the engine and stored in the Hurricane can provide you with hot water for awhile depending on your usage.

I hope I didn't confuse you more

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions.. - cmillsap - 10-02-2016 20:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)