Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions..
10-03-2016, 15:23 (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 15:28 by cmillsap.)
RE: 1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions..
I'd set the furnace on 50*f which should keep the interior warm enough to prevent freezing inside the coach.

The Hurricane Furnace will help keep the bays warm due to the radiant heat but I would not depend on that alone to keep bays above freezing.

If you are plugged into a 15A 120V shore outlet, the inverter should be set on 15A. Also be aware that 15A isn't much power to try to keep the batteries charged and also run the Hurricane and the bay heaters and may trip the circuit breaker leaving your coach vulnerable to freezing.

Regarding the bay heaters, are you saying you metered the power at the heaters and had the proper voltage to them? Did the power to the heaters come on or go off by turning the thermostat up and down? If so, it would appear the heaters are bad although I highly doubt it.

If you metered the heater circuit before the thermostat and found proper voltage it may mean something in the thermostat circuit such as a relay or fuse is bad. In that case, I would suspect a bad relay or control fuse before I would suspect the thermostat. Do you have an electrical schematic of the bay heater circuit?

If you only have 15A available to plug the shore power cord into by using adapters from 50A to 15A when the coach is being stored, you may want to buy a couple of small (FIRE SAFE) portable heaters and place one inside the coach and one in the water bay and plug them directly into another outlet somewhere where you have additional 120V power available.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions.. - cmillsap - 10-03-2016 15:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)