Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hearty welcome to whatsnewell
02-24-2013, 13:03 (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 13:04 by davidbrady.)
A hearty welcome to whatsnewell
Welcome Clarke and Elaine Hockwald. Let me guess, you guys own a Newell??? How do I know - just a lucky guess I suppose. Wink Tell us more about yourselves and your beloved Newell. Welcome! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2013, 20:40
RE: A hearty welcome to whatsnewell
Hi David......Tom told me about your site. Thought it would be a good idea to be on your site too as we have a lot of systems, etc. in common. We bought our 1982 Newell March 1, 2008 and are coming up on our 5 year anniversary. Ours is a 36'. We tow a 26' enclosed car trailer making us 62' long when moving. When the car is not inside, it makes a great garage/workshop. We've been living full time in our coach since February of 2011, and been on the road full time since February 1, 2012. We love the full time lifestyle, and have been visiting a lot of fellow Newell owners all across the USA....a number of whom are members here now.

We are both retired, and enjoying NOT making plans, or reservations. We've been across the USA 3 times now, and have been in Florida since December 29th.....we are now heading up the east coast of Florida and will be in Georgia just after the first of March....we'll keep moving up the east coast until we "turn left" and head for the South Dakota Black Hills for a Newell mini rally in late June. Planning on heading into Canada after that, and then end up in Washington/Oregon for the rest of the summer......but who knows? Our plans are written in Jello....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell - 36' - 6V92 Detroit Diesel
26' American Trailer
2002 Ford Thunderbird
Many bicycles
We are full time since 2-1-2012!
02-24-2013, 20:48
"Our plans are written in Jello" Priceless

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
02-25-2013, 09:57 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 09:59 by davidbrady.)
Hi Clark,

Tom's got great friends and I hope he continues to send them over here. Smile Thanks Tom! We wanderlodge folks have always appreciated Newells and would love to learn more about them. True, we can definitely benefit by sharing resources and troubleshooting tips - I welcome and look forward to the diversity. Do you have a gallery or a photo album handy? I'd love to get a close up view of your Newell.

I envy your travels. My wife and I are at home with our 1, 3, and 6 year olds. We travel, but have slowed down a bit. We hope to make it to Durango this year, which does sounds like it may happen. Please blog on WaGu about your trips so we can live it vicariously. Thanks!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
02-25-2013, 11:15 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 11:17 by whatsnewell.)
I do keep a daily blog of our travels at http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com. I'll import some pictures of the interior of the Newell soon, but here are a few.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell - 36' - 6V92 Detroit Diesel
26' American Trailer
2002 Ford Thunderbird
Many bicycles
We are full time since 2-1-2012!
02-25-2013, 12:32 (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 12:38 by pgchin.)
(02-25-2013 11:15)whatsnewell Wrote:  I do keep a daily blog of our travels at http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com. I'll import some pictures of the interior of the Newell soon, but here are a few.

Welcome Clarke and Elaine!
SWEET ride!!!!Big Grin I was in one very similar to yours that was for sale a few years ago in an RV place we stayed at in Colorado!!!! I LOVED that thing!!!!! So cool looking! Looking forward to reading your blog!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
02-25-2013, 16:33
Nice looking interior. Can hardly wait to see and learn more!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
02-25-2013, 17:11
Tis very nice indeed. I like all the woodwork. Great interior!

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)