Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 LXi Windshield
12-02-2017, 16:00
RE: 2001 LXi Windshield
Hi David
George suggested 1/2 turn from full soft as you indicated. He did not want to remove the sway bar at this time. I do not have the shocks yet - he is setting them and sending to me.
How do you "air level" a coach?
The door does not bind.
Thanks

Urnie

Urnie & Medie Krueger
Yorkville, IL

2001 LXi One Slide
1983 FC35 sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2017, 16:11
Hi Urnie,

I'm not surprised. Most shops may need to be convinced that it's safe before they'll do it - liability. The best argument I have is that Ridewell sold the suspension system without it and their engineering staff assured me it wasn't necessary; furthermore, none of the WideBodies have it and they use the same Ridewell suspension. I was hoping that he'd at least remove one vertical link so you could try it on a bumpy road. I was also hoping that he'd take the bus for a test drive to see if things are normal. Removing the bar is something you may need to do yourself. Using the HWH jack leveling system I've gotten the coach so cockeyed that the entryway door wouldn't latch closed. Some coaches came from the factory with the air leveling option. If you want it HWH can add it.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
02-22-2018, 21:05
OK, I’m going to revive this thread and try to get back to the original question:
2001LXi needs passenger side windshield. Where to find?

I need one also. Guardian says they don’t have it - try a Bluebird dealer. Local school bus dealer says ‘glad to help, what is the BB part number?’ Hmmm. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the LXi uses the same windshield as a TC2000 BB transit bus and that they bought it from their local school bus dealer. Is this correct?

If it is the TC2000, does anyone have the BB part number for the proper TC2000 part number? Or if it is not the TC2000, which BB product is it? The bus dealer showed me they have about 8-10 different windshield numbers listed in their BB Quick Reference guide and they need that number to order the correct one. They said the etched number on the corner of the windshield won’t help as they don’t have a cross reference to the BB part number.

Thanks!!

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
02-22-2018, 22:10
Hi Mike,

If it helps the BB part numbers are:

LH: 1870450
RH: 1870443

The glass was used on the LTC40 transit bus, which is the bus chassis used for the LXi.

david brady,

02-23-2018, 00:32 (This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 00:34 by mbulriss.)
Many Thanks David.

I expect that’s what they need. I’ll call them tomorrow. Their price quote was very reasonable.

Mike Bulriss
San Antonio, TX
02-24-2018, 19:54
Mike,

Any luck on the windshield?

david brady,

03-03-2018, 13:51
I'd like to know, too. Are those p/n's for the LXi or for the transit bus, just in case they are not the same?

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
03-03-2018, 19:09 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 11:50 by travelite.)
Hi Ron,

You may recall years ago BB had a website where you could enter your body number and out would come wiring schematics and documents for your coach. I gathered up all that data for my LXi. The windshield part numbers came from a bill of materials document from that website. You can find it here: WanderlodgeGurus -> Document Library -> Years -> 1998-2003 -> 2002_LXi_BillOfMaterials.xlsx.

david brady,

03-03-2018, 23:09
Ron,

I think the answer to your question is that the part number was used for both the LTC40 and the LXi. You will find it also in the 2001-2002 LTC 40 Parts manual in the forum document library on page 329 of the parts manual. As David has previously pointed out, the LXi is built on the LTC platform, so I guess technically it is a LTC part number. Coach Glass also verified for me that they are the same piece of glass even though they carry them with different part numbers. I’ll know for sure soon if there are any differences since I ordered it with the part numbers listed in this thread.

FWIW,

Mike Bulriss
San Antonio, TX
03-05-2018, 18:58
David,

I assume from your post that the website is no longer available. Was that prior to the wale of the company?

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)