Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAE forum vs Metric forum
05-27-2018, 14:23
SAE forum vs Metric forum
Looked up an electrical issue on another forum which spanned 4 threads and over 300 replies. took 3 hours to research and read until I got tired of the drama of a race to be correct and an introduction of who will "chime in" and endless insults from a fc jerk who is obviously uncensored or just appreciated for his bulling. another 2 hours to find the issue in my garage.
The Land Rover forums lack that Drama, even with Lucas electric dominating to issues. replacing my diagnostic tool with and adjustable metric wrench.

Gregory O'Connor
951-830-5997 So California
current LXi , Prior PT, next Prevost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2018, 11:25
RE: SAE forum vs Metric forum
Ooooh, an adjustable metric wrench. I need one of those. Does Craftsman sell them? Tongue

What was the electrical issue? And the fix? If it was on the LXi, I definitely want to know for future (or maybe unknown current) use.

Thanks,

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
05-31-2018, 01:55
RE: SAE forum vs Metric forum
The issue was the transfer switch box. my common wire has a burn or discolored insulation where it connects to the 'out to load side'. seemed tight and clean. I was considering getting rid of the first transfer box (right side) and wanted to understand the purpose of that first transfer box. That box has a 40 amp breaker which I now understand is for use when you are on 30 amp service via the 30amp option.

Gregory O'Connor
951-830-5997 So California
current LXi , Prior PT, next Prevost

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)