Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel discount program
05-27-2020, 10:51
RE: Fuel discount program
That's a great savings! I'm hearing they're getting some of the smaller stations involved and may also start a gasoline program. Good on them!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2020, 09:46
I see that Loves is now offering about a 10% discount rather than the about 30% discount we used to get.

I wonder if the big discounts we saw at Pilot, Loves, and Flying J will ever return?

Richard Ramsey
06-13-2020, 12:40
One clarification: the discount at Loves right now is a flat 16 cents off the retail posted price, which is always high at Loves, so the discount is not 10%. The best discounts right now are at the TA & Petro locations, which TSD lists as “varies”. In reality, varies means 0 to about 25% off retail posted prices. You really have to plan your stops ahead of time to get the best discount.

All of this is thanks to some genius that called the Loves CEO to complain about the program that gave us the big discounts. Bad Sam’s killed the Flying J deal by enforcing their “exclusive” few pennies discount deal for RVs. I sometimes wonder if it was a Bad Sam’s person that called Loves masquerading as a TSD consumer.

With over 23,000 card holders on the TSD deal, we can only hope that Loves notices the drop in fuel volumes to TA/Petro and calls TSD back and reinstates the prior deal. That’s my wish anyway!

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
06-14-2020, 08:21
Thanks

Richard Ramsey

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)