06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2020, 20:39
RE: Fuel discount program
John,
The EFS card site does have a search app but it only checks up to a 100 mile radius as I recall. With our fuel tanks we have much longer distances to consider before needing fuel. The TSD Logistics web site issues a daily listing (M-F) of all fuel sites for each participating company, showing prices, sorted by state. I find that much easier to use to plan my trips over long distances. That way I can identify the maximum discounts and plan my stops accordingly. I usually just check the Loves and TA/Petro listings. I do check the EFS card site app after filling up to get my actual cost, calculate the TSD fee add on and then transfer money into my payment account since it takes TSD a few days to actually process the withdrawal.
Just another idea on using the tools provided.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
03-21-2020, 17:45
Mike,
That's good info. Thanks! That should give a very clear picture of where to get fuel.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
03-23-2020, 14:30
Hey John,
Update to my prior post. Being quarantined, I was playing with the EFS card app and I found a new search feature I had not seen before. If you press the little arrowhead feature on the price locator page, there’s a check box “enable route search” which expands the search feature to allow you to enter your start and stop points. It then shows you a map with all the prices along that route at participating locations. It’s a really neat feature that works much the same way I had been doing it.
Apologies for my incorrect prior post. I had only used the local search feature which is restricted to the 100 mile radius.

Mike Bulriss
San Antonio, TX
03-26-2020, 12:48 (This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 13:05 by Yesmar.)
The fuel discount program is saving me a lot of money and I love it.

But HOW can they give such a large discount?

Today in Cottondale, Fl. At Loves, Diesel is advertised at $2.589 and the card price is $1.715. That is an $.874 discount per gallon. There is not near that much markup on diesel.

I hope it continues, but something is not right.

The fuel discount program is saving me a lot of money and I love it.

But HOW can they give such a large discount?

Today in Cottondale, Fl. At Loves, Diesel is advertised at $2.589 and the card price is $1.715. That is an $.874 discount per gallon. There is not near that much markup on diesel.

I hope it continues, but something is not right.

Richard Ramsey
05-04-2020, 18:15
I do pretty good on discounts. I go to Costco's that sell diesel and use my Penfed credit card which gives me a full 5% off right at the pump. No waiting up to a year to get your rebate.
05-09-2020, 18:05
Received a program update from TSD on the fuel program last night. The relevant parts are as follows:
“ Good evening TSD Fuel card holders. We have some great news. TA/Petro has come back to us with some great rates. They will likely be the lowest price out of all of our vendors.

We have also added Kwik Trip and Kwik Star to our discount program with 10 cents off per gallon. We are reaching out to others now to see if we can increase to some of the smaller chains. Our current discount network is TA, Petro, Loves, Road Ranger, SAAP Brothers, Ambest, Kwik Trip and Kwik Star.”

Based on a quick look, it appears Loves is still the lowest around San Antonio as of today with diesel priced at $1.25-1.26/gal. The TA and Petro stations are 3-4 cents per gal more. Still a great program.

Mike Bulriss
San Antonio, TX
05-14-2020, 02:05 (This post was last modified: 05-14-2020 11:18 by mbulriss.)
FYI - Well, never underestimate the ability of some people to screw up a good deal. I checked the Loves prices today, pending some travel, and they had jumped significantly since my last check about two days ago. Upon checking with TSD, the Loves discount is now 15 cents off the retail posted price. Thank goodness for the TA/Petro update last week that pretty much matched the prior Loves discounts. It seems that some genius decided to call the CEO of Loves to complain about the program - on a weekend, no less. That of course set about the dramatic decrease in the program discounts from Loves.

As a friend used to say: Stupidity can’t be cured.

Mike Bulriss
San Antonio, TX
05-14-2020, 13:40
Hopefully Loves will get back on board down the road. You do have to wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes. Complaining about a discount program.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
05-26-2020, 19:23 (This post was last modified: 05-26-2020 19:29 by rzamot.)
Went to a TA today and put 100 gallons of diesel in the bus. Checkout the savings.

[attachment=2185]

Sorry, don’t know why I couldn’t get two attachments on one post.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)