Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge 42’ for sale
01-22-2020, 13:40 (This post was last modified: 02-02-2020 21:01 by Arcticdude.)
1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge 42’ for sale
It's time to sell our 1996 42' WB. The actual model designation is a WTOS. This is the walk thru central bath with twin sinks. It makes for a very roomy bathroom. It's currently got about 123k miles and about 1600 hrs on the genny. It's a 3 owner coach and we've had it the longest of any of it's owners, as we bought in 2006 with 66k miles. It's been garage kept it's entire life (all 3 owners). There's a whole list of new and recent stuff that's been done and upgraded. Tires are 3 years old, shocks are 2 years old and drive/steer airbags are 2 years old, while the tags are several years older. New air cooled 330A alternator on the Series 60 engine. I have lots of spare/extra parts, as I've been collecting them for 13 years. You will not find a better 96 out there for sale. During our ownership, we've taken the approach to ALWAYS do at least as much as Bluebird intended and upgrade when we can. This coach deserves it.
Pictures on request.
$75,000

Located in Oklahoma City with great access to either I40 or I35 to easily get to anyplace in the country. This coach is ready for a simple fly n' drive or drive your toad with your towbar and hit the road!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2021, 22:53
RE: 1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge 42’ for sale
Thanks to everybody for their interest. We finalized the sale today and the new owners are currently parked at a very nice spot on a great lake in northeastern Oklahoma! I certainly wish them as great times in their new ride as we have had.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
04-12-2021, 01:21
John,
Congrats on your sale. Someone got a good Bird
Congrats on your new signature line also. What can you tell us about the new ride?

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX
04-12-2021, 09:21
John, you bringing the new bus to Marble Falls?

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
04-12-2021, 11:08
Steve & Mike,
We won't be able to make the Marble Falls rally. We've got Debe's Mom still living with us, so we have to minimize travels for the while. Also, I'm redoing the interior of the new ride and don't have it functional yet. I'm getting close, but keep finding stuff that needs attention. Of course, with as complex as these 450's are, sometimes it's nothing but owner caused issues! I think she's going to be a good one, but I've got the usual new owner stuff to fix and repair as well as finish the remodel. Some stuff is kind of a custom build, so it takes some searching to find what we want. I'm hoping by mid year to be able to get her out and actually enjoy her.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
04-12-2021, 14:44
“ keep finding stuff that needs attention “

That may be the shortest and best definition of any “RV” ownership. I find new stuff every trip to challenge me. I need to post a few from this last year to help others. On the plus side, I got over my fear of messing with the DDEC since it’s near impossible to find willing talent. Turns out, it’s not too bad to debug once you work up to pulling those multi pin connectors off. And the Bluefire has been helpful in that regard also. Always an adventure.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi 43' DS Millennium Edition
San Antonio, TX

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)