Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6V92 OIL PRESSURE SENDER
09-22-2020, 11:02
6V92 OIL PRESSURE SENDER
GREETINGS ALL,
I HAVE A 1985 PT-40 WITH A 6V-92. A SHOP BROKE MY 2 WIRE OIL PRESSURE SENDER AND OIL TEMPERATURE SENDERS. IS THERE A SOURCE FOR THESE? IS THERE A SCHEMATIC FOR THE ENGINE ELECTRICALS? THANK YOU ALL. I AM PRETTY GOOD WITH THE RIG AND HAVE MANY SCHEMATICS TO SHARE IN .PNG BUT THIS ONE I DO NOT HAVE. I HAVE THE ENGINE NUMBER IF NEEDED? I AM IN FLORIDA AND DESPERATELY NEED HELP.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2020, 09:46
RE: 6V92 OIL PRESSURE SENDER
Gary,
I used these guys for my 8V92 when my sender stopped working
https://www.powerlinecomponents.com/detr...-0-100-psi

Gregg

Gregg & Jane Gesse
1994 WLWB 40 Mid-Door
09-26-2020, 17:41
Hi Greg
Thanks. my gauge is good,
The sender bit the dust.
This link is for a gauge. We have to do some troubleshooting as the original sender was an isolated 2 wire and it should go to ground but we need to verify this. What a mess these people at the RV shop caused.
Gary
10-09-2020, 14:57
Gary,
https://vantage.blue-bird.com/Portal/Van...aud=Portal

Try to put your coach # or VIN into this portal. I don't know how far back it goes. It will give you all the blueprints and tons of other info on your coach if your lucky. I did put in a number from a 90s coach and it worked, I have my blue box but this a awesome backup. I got my engine and transmission # from it and went to Cummins and Allison and got info for them from the serial #s
10-09-2020, 15:27
Thank you for note. The site wont take my vin or body number from 1985.. I am in a real pickle. no one seems to have the old coach data.
10-13-2020, 06:48
Found this in the Engine manual in the Document Library section. There is a ton of information there. If they broke your senders it should be easy enough to remove the ignition keys so no one can start the bus and remove your senders and take them your local Detroit or Heavy Truck shop and get two new ones. Not sure if they destroyed the wiring as well as your post was not clear on that. This schematic should help some though as it does show the two senders you speak of.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
10-13-2020, 09:20
Thank you,, all good suggestions but the shop hid what they did, threw out my sensors, lied about what they did and then tried to blame it on me to say I lied about the issues and results. I am having to start over again since none of the sensors involved are from Detroit. I am having to match sensors with existing gauges. The whole things just sticks.
12-01-2020, 15:01
THANK YOU FOR REPLYING
12-03-2020, 13:16 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2020 13:22 by Arcticdude.)
Gary,
I don't know if you've already found a sender yet, but I just learned of a possible place that might help. It's Valladares Diesel in Madison, NH. Their phone number is (603)447-2101. They've been at it a long time (and are retiring soon), so they may be able to at least give you a starting point for a sender. They come recommended from a 6V92 Newell Owner. Also, would you let us know who the offending shop is so we can warn others not to go there, please?

Does any body know of a good shop in the North East for working on the 2 strokes? The Newell owner needs a shop as Valladeres is retiring. It could even be as far south as the Mid-Atlantic area.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-11-2021, 16:00
Thank you so much

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)