Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M380 coach registration in California
01-19-2021, 18:56
M380 coach registration in California
I would appreciate if anybody has any input on whether this coach which is being imported from Florida Will be exempt from California smog requirements or if I'm out of luck and it is not registerable! I have called DMV and I cannot get a straight answer from them. some information they gave me I know is 100% wrong so I'm hoping that somebody on this forum knows.Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2021, 12:50
RE: M380 coach registration in California
The information I've found is very tenuous at best. The "California Vehicle Industry Registration Procedures Manual" seems to give some info. See here: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/handbook/v...roduction/

I did see that RV's are treated as autos in most situations from this manual. That may be enough to give you an answer.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
07-21-2023, 00:21
RE: M380 coach registration in California
I brought an '87 Wanderlodge PT38 with a Detroit Diesel through the California DMV and they didn't even blink at it. I did a bunch of research earlier this year (2023) before I bought it to make sure it was exempt. Your post is quite old, and the info I was getting was just emerging online as the regulations for commercial trucks went into effect.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)