Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Ipad Feedback Please
02-27-2013, 01:35
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please
(02-26-2013 22:36)Itchintogo Wrote:  It also works great when you are out and about and remember something you want to do when you get home. You can put it in on your phone to remind you.

I just call home (or work, depending on where I need my note left) and have my personal secretaries take a message for me. That way when I get there, that little red light is blinking away and I don't have to remember to check my notes! Wink

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 12:20
Thanks Gary and Articdude. Everyone is giving great uses I never thought of!!!! Thanks again!!!!! Gary, I can FINALLY get rid of my "post-its"...... I do like you, write the list, stuff it in my wallet, run errands! I love the phone deal!!!!!!!! ThanksBig Grin
Articdude, yeah I have a "secretary" too but if I call her that, I can feel that slap at the back of my head as I type this!!!!!!! She also makes the "pig oink, oink" noise at me as well as the slap to the head!TongueAngel GEEE I wonder what she means to call me!!!!!SleepyRolleyes

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
02-27-2013, 13:49
Just to ensure I haven't stepped on any toes, my "personal secretaries" are answering machines. Thus the "red light blinking" reference. They're always on duty!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
02-27-2013, 14:25
(02-27-2013 13:49)Arcticdude Wrote:  Just to ensure I haven't stepped on any toes, my "personal secretaries" are answering machines. Thus the "red light blinking" reference. They're always on duty!

Of course I knew that! You value life as it is.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
02-27-2013, 15:17 (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 15:41 by pgchin.)
(02-27-2013 13:49)Arcticdude Wrote:  Just to ensure I haven't stepped on any toes, my "personal secretaries" are answering machines. Thus the "red light blinking" reference. They're always on duty!

I did not take it that way( I was just making a funny), but under full disclosure my wife actually was my secretary many years ago in RTP!WinkBig GrinRolleyes to this day, SHE still call's herself that!!!!!!!!!Angel At the time, I told her I could not date her while she was my secretary, so I moved her to be my boss's secretary (a good friend of mine) and the rest they say, is history!!!!!!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
02-28-2013, 14:18
I have a cell signal enabled iPad and use it as a GPS - sometimes native, sometimes with a Bad Elf dongle. I have it mounted in the bus with a RAM mount setup:

Steve Fox
87 FC35
02-28-2013, 17:27 (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 17:28 by pgchin.)
Thank you Rich and Steve for your feedback!
Rich, yeah I'm pretty much parked where you are on your points, thanks for confirming my theory and use case.
Steve, thanks for the user tips extremely helpful for a newbie like me! Really helps with my learning curve!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
03-01-2013, 00:52 (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 00:54 by timetravelers.)
Here's a big shoutout for EverNote. I have used it for all my web clipping for years on WOG (and now WaGu).

Just highlight the text, right click to save text and it goes right into EverNote both on your computer and sync'd to their cloud. You put it into a notebook, with as many tags as you want to find it later. The program is free. There is a pay version for greater monthly capacity, but the free version is great. Works for all Apple products.

Steve, how does the Ipad do in the sunlight. I am gathering data for the new Ipad DDEC link verses Silverlight. I like the idea of not having a laptop on my dash.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
03-01-2013, 03:12
Morey
The nice part about Evernote as well is it works for everything. So if you have an Android it will sync with your Mac and if you share lists your wife can have an iPhone and your kids a Windows phone and your Aunt an iMac and so on and they will all sync if you share stuff. You can also do audio lists and messages.

Something Apple proprietary or anyone's proprietary software can't do.

Another good app is Tango. Free wifi calls worldwide to other Tango users.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-01-2013, 05:44

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a secretary. Smile
I personally didn't want to be one, but I would have had no objection to having one, myself.Wink
How wonderful! Just look at Pete. Big Grin He made out pretty well, I'd say! Tongue

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)