Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Ipad Feedback Please
02-26-2013, 15:26
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please
(02-26-2013 14:26)davidmbrady Wrote:  That's too funny Pete. I failed typing too, but I am now a full ten finger typist (years of guitar playing helps). My teacher berated me in front of the class. She'd say, "David, what are you ever going to make of your life"! True story! Smile

I love my ipad. The problem is so do my kids. I can't pry it out of their sticky little fingers. So I find myself clinging to my Android Razor and I find that the Razor is a very good substitute for the ipad, that is, if you have good close range vision.

Everything Ms. Bee said is right on, the ipad is terrible to type on. I find my Razor to be much better. Not good in the sunlight. Not great with email.

I also noticed, and I might be wrong, that the later versions (2, 3, etc) aren't as tough as my version 1. My kids use it as a skate board. It's been dropped so many times I can't count. The cover is the flimsy silicon one and that's all it's ever had - the cover's in tatters. The screen has never had a protector and it's still virtually scratch free. For a day I owned an Ipad version 3. I dropped it and the screen popped out. I took it back and I never did replace it. Just a pet peeve, how can folks buy these wondrous devices and then shield them with screen protectors and chainlink cases? Oops, I guess old butter-fingers-me knows the answer to that.
Thanks Davids for your candid feedback! I REALLY appreciate it!Big Grin Both you and Gary have me rethinking my phone upgrade choice. I really like Ray's app so and I really want to let Donna navigate with an IPAD so I'll probably stick with the IPAD. I told Donna last night, I'm glad I have to wait until the end of March to decide, give's me time AND patience to make the correct choice!Wink I'm usually like a kid in a candy store!Tongue

Guitar huh...... figures!Big Grin I truly believe you were correct in your welcome post, we REALLY are alter ego's of each other (meant in the best possible complimentary way)!!!!Wink When I turned 50 I read an article that said you should do ordinary tasks like brushing your teeth with the opposite hand, play guitar, etc from the way you do now so your brain continues to learn new things and you use different parts of your brain and passage ways. So I got a student guitar and being a south paw, play it righty! I also play like I type. I even tried to motivate myself by saying if you get good, hop on out to southern callie to the guitar salon international and get a Ramirez!Tongue No dice, at my current learning rate, I'll be 120 before I'm good enough to warrant such a fine instrument!Rolleyes I'm also glad we did not grow up in the same neighborhood!Tongue I can hear both of our mother's now if we did......" You can no longer play and hang out with that boy, you are ALWAYS getting yourselves into trouble and we are tired of coming to the principles office to bail your butts' out of detention"!!!!!!!!!!!Tongue hahahahahaha

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Apple Ipad Feedback Please - pgchin - 02-26-2013, 12:20
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please - pgchin - 02-26-2013 15:26
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please - nedb - 03-04-2013, 23:47
RE: Apple Ipad Feedback Please - nedb - 03-06-2013, 11:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)