Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suburban Heater Fan Motor
02-27-2013, 13:24
Suburban Heater Fan Motor
Two of our Suburban heaters (NT16SW) have squealing fan motors. Called Suburban at 423-775-2131. Was told the NT16SW is obsolete and was a special build for Wanderlodge. The standard build is the NT16 SE and can be found on the internet, etc.

However, fan motor kit 520949 is available for the SW furnace. It replaces 232877. The kit includes the two gaskets. The 520949 Internet prices vary from mid $60.00s to way up.
http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Sub...RV_p_1335.html

I ordered two fan motors. Yesterday, completed the fan motor R&R on one of the heaters. The new motor works great. Looks to be a bearing at each end. The old motor was hard to rotate and binding, bad bushing perhaps.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 14:27 (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 14:27 by Itchintogo.)
RE: Suburban Heater Fan Motor
That is great to know Curt. Thanks! I probably have the same Heaters. All of mine work fine so far except the kitchen one. But it just needs a little cleaning from spending time in the desert.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
02-27-2013, 14:37
(02-27-2013 14:27)Itchintogo Wrote:  That is great to know Curt. Thanks! I probably have the same Heaters. All of mine work fine so far except the kitchen one. But it just needs a little cleaning from spending time in the desert.

I believe our previous Bird, 1974, had the same heaters. They were a part of BB building for many years.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
03-03-2013, 20:37
Today, completed the 2nd Suburban Propane Heater fan motor R&R. All is good. This heater is under the stacked drawers between the bath and bed. The copper propane line that connects the heater to the feed line on top of the heater was replaced with a rubber hose, making it easy to hook up to the feed line. Next, going to take a look at the propane detector. I believe it's original and I doubt it's working. Time for another R&R.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)