Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late on a Friday night with low warm rain
03-02-2013, 03:41
Late on a Friday night with low warm rain
This is a great video of a commercialized release. You can see Willie Nelson unsure of himself in this clip with Ray Charles. Willie earns his keep and I have deep respect for this clip. Most of you know this but not this version.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 11:29
RE: Late on a Friday night with low warm rain
Pretty good clip. I wonder what the ukelele group could have done with those two??!!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-02-2013, 21:39
Thanks Gary, I deeply enjoyed that here in the Ristorante.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-02-2013, 23:22 (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 01:22 by Itchintogo.)
We lost great talent when Ray left. He was such a self made guy with his own individual unmistakeable trademark. To come from where he came from in Georgia and the odds he faced and think of who he was it is truly an amazing journey. And he was shrewd as well in business and matters of the heart. Excellent at being "country dumb".

When I think of the South and I do love the South and hear the term Southern Pride I always wonder if these people think the rest of the world does not have any pride. I mean you never hear people exclaiming the virtues of Northern Pride, Western Pride, Eastern Pride or Egypt Pride or Newfie Pride or Labrador Pride or Mexican Pride. LOL. Anyone worth a lick of salt has pride.

Ray extolls the true and real Southern Pride ( if there is such a thing more than anyone else) I think of.No big talk just a big walk. When your truly good at what you do and truly selfless you don't need the talk. People know it and Ray was that.

Watch it again. Can you imagine what it must have been like to sit next to him at the piano and singing that song?. Blows my mind.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-02-2013, 23:47 (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 23:51 by jwasnewski.)
(03-02-2013 23:22)Itchintogo Wrote:  We lost great talent when Ray left. He was such a self made guy with his own individual unmistakeable trademark. To come from where he came from in Georgia and the odds he faced and think of who he was it is truly an amazing journey. And he was shrewd as well in business and matters of the heart. Excellent at being "country dumb".

When I think of the South and I do love the South and hear the term Southern Pride I always wonder if these people think the rest of the world does not have any pride. I mean you never hear people exclaiming the virtues of Northern Pride, Western Pride, Eastern Pride or Egypt Pride or Newfie Pride or Labrador Pride or Mexican Pride. LOL. Anyone worth a lick of salt has pride.

Ray extolls the true and real Southern Pride ( if there is such a thing more than anyone else) I think of.No big talk just a big walk. When your truly good at what you do you don't need the talk. People know it and Ray was that.

Watch it again. Can you imagine what it must have been like to sit next to him at the piano and sing that song?. Blows my mind.

I have. But cannot sing. I knew Mr. Charles on a business basis over a period of years in SoCal. Wonderful man. One of the world's great talents.

That goes for Heff also. He cannot sing either. Been to the Mansion seven or eight times. It is as advertised.

Leroy A. Eckert
Dahlonega, GA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)