Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane shut off valve
03-03-2013, 20:59
Propane shut off valve
Can anybody tell me where the 12v power source is for the propane shut off valve is? Mine doesn't seem to work and a test light didn't do anything when the switch was toggled.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 11:59
RE: Propane shut off valve
(03-03-2013 20:59)Arcticdude Wrote:  Can anybody tell me where the 12v power source is for the propane shut off valve is? Mine doesn't seem to work and a test light didn't do anything when the switch was toggled.

FWIW, in case you are not familiar with the system, both the panel switch under the sink for propane AND the toggle switch in the road side fuel door needs to be "on" for that shut valve to work. Also, the propane "sniffer" under the sink needs to be functioning as well and it has a good and test button....... do a little snooping and let us know. otherwise I'll unroll the prints I have and see if I can find the sourceWink

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
03-04-2013, 12:26 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 12:27 by davidbrady.)
Pete, for those of us who rarely use the propane option, what's the best switch setting configuration for optimal safety? Or, maybe the safest is to go to the tank and twist the ball valve close, assuming a valve exists at the tank???

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-04-2013, 12:52
(03-04-2013 12:26)davidmbrady Wrote:  Pete, for those of us who rarely use the propane option, what's the best switch setting configuration for optimal safety? Or, maybe the safest is to go to the tank and twist the ball valve close, assuming a valve exists at the tank???

HUMMMM,
Tough question.IMHO depends on how much grief you want to go through or how lazy you are. So here goes!Big Grin
1) Easiest safe way is to ALWAYS turn both sink and fuel door switches off. Then turn both on when you want to use it, redundancy on the electrical circuit propane shutoff valve.
2) If you are storing long term or indoors and want to be absolutely safe, then go into the 2nd road side compartment, remove the sheet metal screws on the 6x6 door to access the manual valve on the tank and close it. The electrical shutoff is right after that valve, then the coach plumbing follows.

Me , I store outdoors, when I do so I use option 1 all the time. Even on the road unless I'm using propane for the refer and stove.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
03-04-2013, 17:08
Articdude,
FYI check for voltage at both switches above under the sink and at the road side fuel door, then go to the attached print :

Front overhead component panel circuit block A sk16,tb13 3 amp fuse for LPA "sniffer"

See if the fuse is good, let us know!Wink

Attached File(s)
.pdf  scan513.pdf (Size: 2.99 MB / Downloads: 608)

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
03-04-2013, 19:36
I haven't figured out how to easily (relatively speaking) get to the backside of the roadside switch. I had forgotten about/didn't know about the under the sink switch and will check on it this evening

Thanks!.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
03-04-2013, 22:49
At least this one was relatively simple. Turns out it was just the inside switch being off that prevented the outside one from doing anything. It's all good now.

Thanks!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)