Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front tv on a 450
03-06-2013, 14:17
front tv on a 450
450 friends,
Has any one upgraded their front tv? How do we remove the old? What size would be best to replace it with? I'm told the best new tv has VGT and is "smart". Would you agree?

Jack and Ila VanDenBerg
Glenn, Mi. 49416
M 450
Ruffled Feathers
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 14:54
RE: front tv on a 450
I redid my whole AV system. I saw your email and my tv's released from the right side. there was a round disk that you remove. there was a pull arm to release the top of the TV. Then you needed to remove the bottom cover. You did this by removing the 4 Philips screws in the two side cabinets. on the bottom.
03-09-2013, 21:06
Thanks very much. I think
I'll wait until we meet at a future rally. I keep looking for the attachment screws with no luck. I'm worried it will be above my ability.

Jack and Ila VanDenBerg
Glenn, Mi. 49416
M 450
Ruffled Feathers
03-10-2013, 10:31
Friends,
So Ila asked me, why do I want to change the tv? It is a great tv, good picture, etc.
My weak answer was the tv can not do Netflix. There is no USB port. Do you know of any way my Airport Box can hook up to a 8 year old tv? or any other way? Mine is a Panasonic- Vieta. Jack VDB

Jack and Ila VanDenBerg
Glenn, Mi. 49416
M 450
Ruffled Feathers
03-10-2013, 13:16 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 14:17 by dentmac.)
Hi,
Just curious. The new TV's are significantly lighter.(Although the Panasonics aren't OLD) Can anyone give the weight savings by changing? -- maybe this could be reason to get a new one-- lol Rolleyes
(By looking at current 40 inch TVs on Best Buy only 7 pounds from heaviest to lightest which is 23 lbs (3D). What does the old one weigh?

Ross
(03-10-2013 10:31)jackvdb@gmail.com Wrote:  Friends,
So Ila asked me, why do I want to change the tv? It is a great tv, good picture, etc.
My weak answer was the tv can not do Netflix. There is no USB port. Do you know of any way my Airport Box can hook up to a 8 year old tv? or any other way? Mine is a Panasonic- Vieta. Jack VDB

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
03-13-2013, 11:46
(03-11-2013 13:35)Bird Owner Wrote:  Ross,
The old TV, I am told is about 60 lbs. With the right new choice, you can reduce that by 50 lbs. Since it is forward of the front axle, the weight on that axle would be reduced by even more than the actual weight reduction. Another good "excuse" to "have to" get a new TV!
Big Grin

I would have to be careful with that logic. It might be suggested that I start jogging as that is free and would prove just as much weight advantage benefit! Big Grin

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-13-2013, 16:33
We put the lg (lcd) with the eco setting in our coach the nice thing about it is you can adjust the brightness with the touch of a button nice for driving at night it also has the external audio out put that adjust the volume through the remote works great if you run it through your surround sound

Rick & Nikki Palmer
2000 43 LXI
2011 rubicon
03-14-2013, 02:16
Thanks gotcha! Mentally filed away for future reference. My PT is also maxed out on the forward axle when full of fuel. These are important things to remember. Cool

A very careful balance that must be considered at all times.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-14-2013, 15:17
Tongue RE: front tv on a 450
Rich -- Unless you changed the Hadley back to 4 point, you're weight loss would (or gainSad ) would effect both sides equally Rolleyes

Changing the TV is easier Big Grin.
Ross

[/quote]
I would have to be careful with that logic. It might be suggested that I start jogging as that is free and would prove just as much weight advantage benefit! Big Grin
[/quote]

Gary, That logic simply does not apply as the front axle is perfectly balanced with my present weight on the left side. Any weight loss on my part would throw everything off and result in uneven tire wear and leaning among other problems. Big Grin
[/quote]

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)