Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M450LXI value
03-06-2013, 15:26
M450LXI value
David
Can you make a complete comparison between the Newell, Prevost, and the M450LXi? I do remember telling you when I bought my M450LXi I also tested a Prevost and a Newell and found the M450LXi to have a far better ride than the others.
The outside walls on the M450LXi are all stainless steel and the roof is all aluminum, front and back caps are plastic composite; whereas, the others are mixed materials.
I know that Wanderlodge is out of business, but who knows when the Newell family may sell their business to an investor, or for how much longer Prevost will provide conversion shells? Times are hard all around for the motorhome industry.
The most valuable people we have are Johnny Anderson at Parliament Motor Coach, Clearwater Fl, Coachcraft by McDonald, Columbus GA, Allen Barbee of ARB Consulting Services, Barnesville Ga, as well as all the owners who actively and freely participate in the online forums. Everyone who operates or services the M450LXi can help with problems and all are eager to jump in to do whatever they can. The multiplex system supplier, Intellitec, is still in business and are ready to help with any issue we have. The slide controls manufacture is there to help as well. Many if not all the suppliers are available and ready to help.
The M450LXi is arguable the most examined motorhome ever built, and I believe we are underselling it. We have to do a fair value analysis of what is out there for the monies we spend on comparable product. We also cannot cut off our nose to spite our face by underselling our coaches. Sales people will do anything to secure a quick sale; the price they sell our coaches at is not important to them only the commission.

Hisham and Sue Amaral
2004 Prevost XL2 Marathon (sold)
2003 Liberty H3-45 2 slide
Titusville, Florida
248-935-5390
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 18:04 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 18:08 by davidbrady.)
RE: M450LXI value
(03-06-2013 15:43)Bird Owner Wrote:  Well said, Hish.

I truly believe that the M450 is the best deal out there today. It was beaten nearly to death, re-manufactured to a safe, wonderful coach and more people are becoming aware of the bargain. I expect to see prices rise on well maintained examples of this fine motorcoach.

A very good write-up Hish. You hit on all the major points, and Rich's followup is right on, let's evangelize the M450 here on WaGu, let's get the word out of what a great value this coach is.

I just did a quick online search for asking and selling prices on ebay and other places for '05 Prevosts, Newells, and M450s. It seems the prices for Newell and Prevost coaches are virtually identical for the 2005 model year, while the 2005 M450 is around 35% less. For sixty-five cents on the dollar you're getting a great value.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)