RE: Two Questions...
If we can fit it in - - - - Yes!!!!!
Ed & Carolyn Nowokunski
95BMC37
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 11:09
Is there a date or potential date set? I'll need to make sure work doesn't interfere and I may not have my coach, but I'll get there otherwise.
03-10-2013, 15:49
If nobody else really needs August, I'll throw one vote in for NOT in August. My son is getting married in Idaho in mid August, so getting over to A-ville in the same month might be tough.

Otherwise, have it whenever!

Thanks!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-10-2013, 17:34
Sounds like wonderful idea, David!
Depending on when, we'd love to come as well.
If you recall last time, we didn't get to see much of Asheville from the Inglis parking lot. But are eternally grateful for all the help you gave us. Something we will never forget!!!
So please let us know when.
And a return trip to that great restaurant you recommended is in order.
I think it was the Tupelo? Hopefully you and Suzanna will both be able to join us.

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
03-11-2013, 01:13 (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 01:16 by Itchintogo.)
Ok I go away and change countries for 2 days and the Rally Virgin ( RV...ha ha ha) of ALL people is hosting a rally.Rolleyes Just how many pints did you have with your pulled pork platter at 12 Bones??? Huh?

Seriously.... 48 hours and look at what happens! Sheesh!

Good on ya David! Wish it was not soooooo damn far. You will make it a fun time I am sure!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
03-11-2013, 12:33 (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 12:34 by davidbrady.)
Thanks guys and gals, that's an awesome response. Smile

Itchintogo... you called that right! What do I know about putting together a Rally, well I guess I'm gonna learn, or my wife is! LOL Smile

Seriously guys, I'm really looking forward to meeting you all. I've already met many of you, and some of you I feel like I've known forever even though we've never met. I really am looking forward to this. It'll be a blast! Smile

Really the best time to put on a Rally here in Asheville NC is during the Fall. The colors are phenomenal, the weather is cool and dry, but everyone knows it and they want to be here so we have some crowds, nothing outrageous but it is a popular time of year. Anytime in Oct the foliage is phenomenal, the last week is probably the best. There's a good six weeks of great color starting in Oct and ending the first couple weeks of Nov.

Summers are always great. Temps are 15 degrees cooler than the rest of NC, but it's still pretty warm, but nothing like Charlotte, NC. Late July will be in the 80's with moderate humidity. It's really a very nice time of year. Turns out this year Suzana and I will be in Asheville during late July which is the week for Bele Chere 2013. Bele Chere is very worthwhile. That would be 7/26 thru 28, but we can keep the rally going beyond these dates.

Or, we could do Summer this year and Autumn next year? I like the idea of letting the Rally date float around a bit. It's good cause Asheville has much to offer all year round.

During the summer and autumn months there's almost always something going on in downtown Asheville - almost any date is good. For Suzana and I, springtime this year is too hectic, and I do want to get out to Durango in the early part of the summer. Arcticdude (John) mentioned that August is tough due to his son's wedding (Congrats!).

For this year, I'd recommend around Bele Chere (Late July), or October for the Autumn Foliage. Love to hear what you guys think

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-11-2013, 14:41 (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 14:47 by Arcticdude.)
Here's a link to the festival:

http://www.belecherefestival.com

You can see what you think. Getting out of the house is a good enough reason for us, so anytime fits well for that!

And riding the dragon is always better during the week! So being there mid week is a great idea.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-12-2013, 13:56
I'm good for the fall. Bele Chere unfortunately is the same weekend as FloydFest, and I will be motorcycling in Peru the first half of September.

Steve Fox
87 FC35
03-21-2013, 16:52 (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 16:56 by davidbrady.)
RE: WaGu Asheville Rally
Folks, here's a note I received from Rutledge Lakes RV Park:

-------------------------snip here------------------------

Greetings David,

I wanted to follow up with you on our conversation last Weds regarding the groups visit with us in October.

Group: Wanderlodge Guru’s
Dates: 10-3-13 through 10-8-13
Rates: Standard Site: 40.00
Pull Thru’s or Lake Front: 45.00
Total Rv’s: 9-11 Class A’s 
Reservations must be made by August 1, 2013.
All sites will require a one nights deposit non-refundable.

Thank you for choosing our park as your destination. We look forward to seeing you in October.

Best Wishes,

Rutledge Lake RV Park
www.RutledgeLake.com
170 Rutledge Road
Fletcher NC 28732
828 654-7873

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-21-2013, 17:56
RE: WaGu Asheville Rally
Ill sign up tomorrow.

Steve Fox
87 FC35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)