RE: Show us your motorcycles
Beemer!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 14:44
(03-19-2013 16:16)Arcticdude Wrote:  Take a look at this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

Wings are deceivingly quick. The CG is very low, and while there's a bunch of weight to handle, the motor has a ton of torque and moves it much faster than people expect. Once you realize the lean angle is pretty good, you can really turn up the wick on a Wing. I've posted about 6k miles on an 1800. Fun ride!

At the time, my main ride was a V65 Sabre, just for a point of reference. Wink

Very Nice Ride! I've ridden Wings for about 10 years now. Started when I was 12, road legally on the road since 13 in Arkansas as a kid. The Goldwing is the ultimate comfort bike for touring and cannot be beat. I still ride off-road as well, when I hear someone say they are too big and heavy that queues me that they are not very experienced riders. You can throw around a Wing just like any other bike (as you've proven), they're fun and comfortable. I had an 83 GL1200 and now ride a 90 GL1500 and look forward to owning a GL1800 very soon. :-)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Michael Putz
78FC35
Mesa, Az
05-14-2013, 09:54
The 1800's are nice. I can't say I like the styling of the latest one. It's a little too angular for my tastes. I'd look for the last styling series. There's probably a dealer or 2 with a couple of leftovers.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-19-2013, 20:42
Here's my trails bike I sold a couple of years ago....knees got tired!

This my BMW 2002 R1150 GS Adventure. Been to Prudhoe Bay,Yellowknife, across the Trans- Labrador Highway, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia. Just rebuilt the transmission after the intermediate shaft eat some bearings. Did a few final drives also.

And of course, Big Bend!

[+] 2 users Like Bob Johannesen's post
05-25-2013, 23:30
Bob:

There is a cardinal rule in motorcycle riding you seem to have ignored. This also applies to float planes. With float planes; ALWAYS KEEP THE FLOATS ON THE BOTTOM. With motorcycles; ALWAYS KEEP THE WHEELS ON THE BOTTOM.

I once (in my younger days) rolled a motorcycle end over end through a gravel intersection AT 40 mph. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
05-26-2013, 13:20
(05-25-2013 23:30)DOSZORROS Wrote:  Bob:

There is a cardinal rule in motorcycle riding you seem to have ignored. This also applies to float planes. With float planes; ALWAYS KEEP THE FLOATS ON THE BOTTOM. With motorcycles; ALWAYS KEEP THE WHEELS ON THE BOTTOM.

I once (in my younger days) rolled a motorcycle end over end through a gravel intersection AT 40 mph. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

This is just the optional right side stand for a R1200GS.....
05-26-2013, 15:23
And of course, Big Bend!

[/quote]

I'm thinking the sentiments on the bottom of the saddlebags says it all! Love it!! BTW, could you get any more luggage onboard? LOL

Mike Bulriss
1991 WB40 "Texas Minivan"
Grey & soggy San Antonio, TX
05-26-2013, 22:19 (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 23:02 by Bob Johannesen.)
I'm thinking the sentiments on the bottom of the saddlebags says it all! Love it!! BTW, could you get any more luggage onboard? LOL.........

Heck, Mike, I even left the drill press home on this trip! Those inverted stickers have been seen all the way to Alaska, and the Canadian Maritime Provences....some times that bike decides to take a nap in the sand!!

Here is one I would like to forget:
Del Rio Texas, May 2006, 105 degrees, Harley FXR got into a high speed wobble ("Tank-slapper") which broke both hands, 2 fingers, both wrists, and gave me a concussion that made me do the "Tim Conway shuffle" for 5 weeks of vertigo.

Trooper Fernandez explaining to me that the Del Rio Hospital just lost their orthopedic Doctor to a drug abuse issue.

My trigger finger getting 3/8 inch shorter:

Old Marines do improvise, adapt, & overcome.......

Honey, I promise I will stay in the back yard and go slow.....
İmageİmage

Her response deleted!
05-27-2013, 11:28 (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 02:54 by mrkane.)

Agua Fria, Big Bend TX

M.R.Kane
1987 PT40 'Sleipnir'
currently near Elmo, TX

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)