John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 00:16
RE: microphor adjustments
Microphor likes lower air pressure, so we put a small filter/regulator in the air line to the toilet in the basement and set the regulator to 50 psi.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
03-14-2013, 10:55
(03-14-2013 00:16)timetravelers Wrote:  Microphor likes lower air pressure, so we put a small filter/regulator in the air line to the toilet in the basement and set the regulator to 50 psi.

My 99 LXI has a pressure valve in the second bay drivers side mounted beside the water pumps. I have never adjusted it because the toilet works fine. I assume this valve is for the toilet. Does anyone know?

Charlie Vaughn
03-14-2013, 11:31 (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 11:32 by travelite.)
Rich,

Thanks for the detailed pics and schematic. Charlie, I have the same miniature Clippard regulator that Rich talks about, but because my toilet is an LF-219 (no back tank) it's mounted in the vanity below the sink and looks like the MAR-1 in this Clippard Catalog PDF: http://www.clippard.com/downloads/PDF_Do...lators.pdf

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2013, 22:46
That is a very nice setup, I was able to find a regulator in with my water pumps followed the line to the toilet . Still waiting on the rebuild kit.

Rick & Nikki Palmer
2000 43 LXI
2011 rubicon
03-16-2013, 11:24
I also have the LF 219. I have always used the Clippard valve to adjust the water level in the bowl. If you get the water level too high you will get a burp when you flush. I am thinking now that the pressure reducing valve mounted in beside the water pumps goes to purge system for the water lines. I thought it may have been on the toilet circuit.

Charlie Vaughn
03-16-2013, 11:46 (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 11:46 by travelite.)
That's probably what that valve is for Charlie. I've also adjusted the air pressure at the clippard regulator in an attempt to adjust the flapper open time. This will get you only so far I've found. Turning down the angle valve at the water supply is the next step to adjusting water level and eliminating the bidet effect! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2013, 21:20
Got the kit,rebuilt the toilet. It was a simple fix I was turning the clippard valve the wrong way.Clockwise increases pressure counter clockwise decreases pressure everything is working good now thanks for all the help.

Rick & Nikki Palmer
2000 43 LXI
2011 rubicon
03-13-2015, 18:56
I have been plagued with my Microphor Microflush LF 210 flapper not closing completely. I decided the 22 yo OEM flapper gasket needed replacing. Contacted Sue Mullaney at Mullaney & Associates (http://www.edmullaney.com) and ordered a couple of new gaskets (part #27207). Pretty neat upgrade - about 1/4 " thick, and have some stout adhesive on the back. Installation fairly easy:

1.) shut water and compressor off 2.) bleed air from compressor tank 3.) using fingernails, small screwdriver or needlenose pliers remove old gasket 4.) clean 22 years worth of nastiness from the flapper, the flange the gasket fits in and the groove where the flapper seals in the toilet 5.) using a hair dryer thoroughly dry the flapper 6.) peel tape from back of the new gasket and carefully fit in the flange on the flapper.

Bingo - new gasket, no more toilet water leaking. May be old hat to you gurus, but quite a feat to this techno challenged retire lawyer.Wink

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
[+] 1 user Likes RetDA's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)