Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter Minders for Dummies
04-02-2013, 23:58 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 10:13 by travelite.)
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies
As promised here's a couple videos showing my turbo boost as reported by VMSpc as I accelerate flat out thru the gears on a flat straight section of highway. These were taken at 1500 feet of altitude and at 60 deg F OAT. The first one is cut short just before shifting to sixth gear, I ran out of road. The second one is thru all the gears accelerating to around 75 mph, but my wife shook the camera a bit. The videos show the turbo performance thru my stock intake. The boost comes on instantly in first gear with a reading that quickly surpasses 25 psi within 3s. At every shift point the boost never drops below 25.5 psi. If you look closely at the second video you can see a boost pressure of over 29 psi in sixth gear. The stock intake breaths freely. It's my opinion that LXi owners have no need for any intake modifications. Enjoy.

BTW, if the expansion icon doesn't give you a full screen video image, click on the YouTube icon at the bottom of the video and you'll be taken over to youtube. You can get a full screen image there.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies - davidbrady - 04-02-2013 23:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)