Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce Summerlin
04-08-2013, 08:33
Bruce Summerlin
Bruce W Summerlin 11-24-58 to 3-12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with great sadness that I inform the forum of the passing of my husband, Bruce on March 12, 2013. Our motor-home and this forum were treasures to him and our family. He spent countless hours, learning, laughing and living the activities of this group. He enjoyed your advice, stories, adventures and your travels. Of course I will miss him, but I will also miss the opportunity to know each of you better and trade the stories of the road. God bless you and DRIVE SAFELY!

Bruce Winston Summerlin, 54, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, March 12, 2013, in Springfield, Oregon while on business travel. Bruce was born in Gainesville, Florida, and attended Oak Hall School, the University of Florida, and graduated from Florida State University. Beginning his career in Management in the textile industry, he enjoyed a dynamic career in Human Resource Management and Global Labor Relations with Milliken and Company, Shorewood Packaging, and International Paper. Bruce’s boundless energy and positive attitude impacted everyone he touched - his family, friends, and business associates. Some of his career highlights include building a manufacturing facility in China and HR leadership for International Paper’s acquisitions of the Weyerhauser packaging operations and Temple Inland Company. While living in Georgia, he was appointed by the Governor to lead the Georgia State Employer Committee where he was tasked with developing innovative workforce development. He was also Past Chairman of the United Way of West Georgia and was a leader in service to his local community. Most recently in his role of Director of Employee Relations Global Manufacturing, his innovative leadership style proved successful in forging new relationships with global union leaders. His consistent endeavors to develop young talent was appreciated by many employees throughout the organization. Bruce is survived by his wife of 26 years, Sally Robbins Summerlin. His beloved children also survive him, Lee Ira Summerlin, Christopher Bruce Summerlin, and Sara Louise Summerlin. Bruce also is survived by his mother, Louise Summerlin, brother, Paul Summerlin and step-mother, Mary Ann Summerlin. He is preceded in death by his father, Dr. Winston Summerlin, and sister, Lisen Summerlin Lewis. His love for his pets, Bowman, Peyton, and Millie, was an important part of his life as well. Bruce’s love for his family, and commitment to excellence, teamwork, and innovative leadership will long be remembered. He will be missed by many. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, March 16, at 11 a.m. at Germantown United Methodist Church in Germantown, TN. The family requests that in lieu of flowers, memorials be sent to the Wounded Warrior Project or St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 09:39
RE: Bruce Summerlin
To Bruce's wife Sally, his children, and his extended family,

I'm very sorry to hear about Bruce. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Please don't hesitate to ask for help if we can be of any assistance. Bruce was a great man, a true gentleman. I've never met him in person but I feel like I have. He and I have had many private conversations related to his LXi and travel. The last time we spoke he invited me and my family to meet him and you at Durango Co later this summer. He was very generous and I'm very saddened by this. I wish you all the strength possible in this very, very difficult time. Best wishes.

David Brady

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
04-08-2013, 13:07
Sally,

Darrell and I would also like to extend our condolences to you and your family.
If there is anything any of us in the Wanderlodge community can offer in the way of some help, please let us know. Again, we are so sorry for your loss.

Jennifer and Darrell Snell

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
04-08-2013, 15:43 (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 16:16 by Itchintogo.)
Sally and family,

So sorry to hear of Bruce's passing,

It is difficult to know what to say,

A tragic loss like this is so hard to understand,

In your own time and in your own way,

May you find a place of healing in your heart.

My warmest regards

Cue the ukuleles.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)