Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumping the old tanks
02-15-2013, 10:34
Dumping the old tanks
I dislike stinky slinkies,nuff said.
We installed(me) a macerator pump,dumptastic Joann will even do the deed.
Permanently installed 1"flex hose with ball valve on end just hook to stand pipe open the "clean" ball valve,open the black valve and turn on the pump,when the black starts sending slugs of air open the grey,it "cleans" out the nastiest stuff and flushes the hose. When it empties the grey it will send sluggs of air pushing MOST but not ALL of the grey water.close the dump valves turn off the pump,done deal until the next time.
You can walk the hose to get all the grey out or close the ball valve and store the hose with minimal grey water trapped between the pump and ball valve.

Ed & Joann Wimberley
82 PT 35 6V92
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes eaw's post
02-15-2013, 13:28
RE: Dumping the old tanks
(02-15-2013 12:02)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pictures please!!!

I bought a macerator pump for my coach around two years ago. Still haven't gotten around to installing it!

Have you found any downsides to it yet? The one thing that scared me was that supposedly hair gets caught in the impeller. My wife sheds more than the dog, so that concerned me just a bit.

1991 SP-36
"Silver Lining"
Linden, MI
02-15-2013, 14:01 (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 14:02 by eaw.)
(02-15-2013 13:28)RGloverii Wrote:  

I bought a macerator pump for my coach around two years ago. Still haven't gotten around to installing it!

Have you found any downsides to it yet? The one thing that scared me was that supposedly hair gets caught in the impeller. My wife sheds more than the dog, so that concerned me just a bit.

I did need to replace the pump after 5 years not related to pump just stupid error. Unknown to me while replacing the floor in the bathroom a piece of WOOD1X3X1/4 thick was allowed to drop into holding tank.Must have gotten past the towel plugging hole somehow. The pump bent the shaft when the wood reached the impeller.
Hair yes there was some VERY LITTLE wife and I both have LONG hair I shed like a sheep dog the amount of hair verses amount of hair wrapped around the impellerwas minimal.My take on this is hair also gets chopped up and discharged. My thinking is dental floss would be a problem.
I'll try and post pics.

I did need to replace the pump after 5 years not related to pump just stupid error. Unknown to me while replacing the floor in the bathroom a piece of WOOD1X3X1/4 thick was allowed to drop into holding tank.Must have gotten past the towel plugging hole somehow. The pump bent the shaft when the wood reached the impeller.
Hair yes there was some VERY LITTLE wife and I both have LONG hair I shed like a sheep dog the amount of hair verses amount of hair wrapped around the impellerwas minimal.My take on this is hair also gets chopped up and discharged. My thinking is dental floss would be a problem.
I'll try and post pics.

I'll try and post pics.

Ed & Joann Wimberley
82 PT 35 6V92
02-15-2013, 15:31
Robert
Trying to add pics having trouble loading did get 1 in gallery of control panel for pump/valves.
Help has been requested.

Ed & Joann Wimberley
82 PT 35 6V92
02-15-2013, 21:29 (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 21:35 by Itchintogo.)
Hi Ed,

Pictures are easy to attach to your posts. When you are typing your reply just look down past the dialogue box and you will see a blue border and Attachments action box. Simply choose your file from your directory. Then click the "add attachment" button on the right and this adds it to your post. Your almost done but not quite.

After you add your attachment then you click "insert into post". This will insert your picture or attachment exactly where your cursor is in the dialogue box. This is a feature I really like because you put the picture exactly where you want it in the post. I want my picture go right here so I will click insert now. İmage

Then I can type after the pic. So if your trying to explain something with pictures you can have text along with each picture. If you have 6 pictures you can place them directly where you want them in 6 different locations because you will have an insert button for each attachment. This is going to be a really handy feature as I am sure you can imagine. That is all there is too it.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
[+] 2 users Like Itchintogo's post
02-15-2013, 23:29 (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 23:31 by eaw.)
Gary
Still will not upload says it cannot find my file.
Followed you directions I failed.
I did post 2 shots on gallery of macerator pump and hose as it
exits storage compartment.
I will keep trying this is a tablet not a Pc.

Robert check the gallery pics I placed 2 shots there.

Ed & Joann Wimberley
82 PT 35 6V92
02-16-2013, 01:16
Hey Ed

So you selected the file? And then it could not find it.

I wonder if you could try it on your PC and see if there is a difference. I have had no issues and i think others have posted pic as well.

Then we will know if it is anything to do with the OS. What OS does your tablet have?

Thanks!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)